Has anyone thought of….

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Has anyone thought of….

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of smorgan223 smorgan223 11 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jonnyweston
    jonnyweston
    Participant

Sharing presets between each others mixers?

When I was on presonus forums they had a superb community where we all shared each others resources, include great presets to help each other learn more about each others styles.

Any idea if we can strike something similar into action on here?
    Cheers guys!

Presonus 24.4.2,
    Korg M50, Novation SL25 MKII, Akai APC40, Akai MPD18
    Logic Studio 9, Reason 6.5, Ableton 8

Profile photo of spotkat
    spotkat
    Participant

I’d be cool with that… I’ll even get the ball rolling.

See attached…

[img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Download Photo/File: CollinJan2013.zip
    7.96 KB

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

I’m not really sure how this would be useful unless everyone was using the same mics on the same sources in the same position etc, etc…

A 3db boost at 900hz increases the level of 900hz by 3db. It doesn’t determine the amount of 900hz in the resulting signal.

If you find it useful, cool. I’ll try loading some of spotkat’s settings and see what happens.

Chris

jonnyweston
    Participant

Hey Chris,

I know exactly what you are saying and that’s the most valid point to make.
    What I am NOT saying is that we should take everyone else’s presets and run them, live at a show – you are correct, everyone’s circumstances are different.

Just that we get the chance to observe each others styles of EQ and dynamics usage.
    Like say for example if someone has mic’s a Mapex Saturn with clip on Sennheiser E604, things like that might work live perhaps (depending on tuning, damping and the drum skin), but at the end of the day I encourage all this in the spirit of helping each other learn more, and I suppose in a way to help grow our wee community of ours

We found that the spirit of learning and and fellowship was somewhat encouraged considerably amongst users, and it opened up many new questions that users maybe had not thought of before.

For users of for example Dante, Waves or other multi-track able cards for their GLD we could perhaps even open it up, so that if we have recorded a show (pre-processed of course) and are having a few little niggles or issues with something, that we can upload the audio files as well as our show template, in a similar manner to http://www.mixoff.org and use examples of how our individual presets and use of dynamics controls have helped.

It’s just an idea. I love this forum and have been reading for about the last 6 months or so. It is considerably different from the presonus forum but I do love it – it’s you guys that make it awesome!

Cheers guys
    Jonny

A&H GLD80, AR2412 & Dante Card
    Korg M50, Novation SL25 MKII, Akai APC40, Akai MPD26

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

I really like the dante idea actually. I don’t have a dante card myself but if you’re looking for multitracks you may find this useful…

https://www.cambridge-mt.com/ms-mtk.htm

Chris

jonnyweston
    Participant

Quite right chris. Good call

That is also a good resource for multi-tracks, I have used it in the past also.
    Cheers man!

JW

A&H GLD80, AR2412 & Dante Card
    Korg M50, Novation SL25 MKII, Akai APC40, Akai MPD26

Profile photo of smorgan223
    smorgan223
    Participant

I have used this source as well. I use it mainly for practicing my mixing skills, but I have learned a good deal about how to make really good sounding recordings just by messing around with different things. I have even used some of the same things live with good results.

Scott

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.