I got a bad rep cause of your board…

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions I got a bad rep cause of your board…

This topic contains 33 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mervaka mervaka 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tendersound
    tendersound
    Participant

I used the the same set up again yesterday. No issues. Got one more gig with the board tomorrow. Trying a brand new 150ft borrowed cat5 insulated cable as a back up.

Hmm..it must be broke!

Profile photo of guyharris
    guyharris
    Participant

I would respectfully suggest that the fault doesn’t lie with the A&H equipment, because the set-up worked as required ‘yesterday’. We occasionally have minor problems, but it’s almost always TCP/IP or wireless router-related, which isn’t A&H’s fault.

We are looking at much heavier ethernet cables, with proper shielding, even though we don’t generally do cable runs through the audience area, or to a FoH position. Normal CAT5 cables are very fragile (IMHO) and it’s very difficult to test on the job.

Good luck, and keep the faith! :-)

http://www.pianojam.nl

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by guyharris

We are looking at much heavier ethernet cables, with proper shielding.

You might consider switching to fibre.

Wouter
    IDR32, R72, Dante, Mixpad
    laptop, TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Profile photo of guyharris
    guyharris
    Participant

Fibre optic cable to run CAT5?!

http://www.pianodome.nl
    3D PianoShow!

Profile photo of Rexeltw
    Rexeltw
    Participant

I’m pretty sure Wouter means using fibre with network switches at either end (this works).

I wouldn’t try putting RJ45 plugs on fibre!

Just remember kids no matter how good your mixing is you can’t polish a turd…

Profile photo of clarocque
    clarocque
    Participant

We are using A&H approved ProPlex for our snake runs and basic shielded/stranded cables for the other patching (ie. wireless router, editor computers).

Should we be upgrading those to tour grade as well?

I have not experienced the issue the OP is describing and do not want too. So if changing cables will help prevent, I can certainly do that…

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

I had once an issue with my IDR32 – it was an error of the network board – the idr32 was replaced quickly with no problems. But, of course, ruined my gig.
    BUT to be honest – i dont think you find any brand that never had any desk-failure.

I had an issue once or twice where the surface was not responding anymore – but found out the error was in front of the desk – and the cause was an false ip setting on one of my laptops.

Hardware issues can happen – but i can assure you that there is no general problem with ilive hardware or software.

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

@ tendersound: The second problem you mentioned with faders not responding… I know it. Had the same thing on a T80. Maybe the Cat.6 cable was to blame, but I sincerely doubt it, since the problem did not go away with any number of reboots both on iDR32 or T80. Levels were “glued” to the bottom, faders were freely moveable but ha dno effect on the levels. ALL of them! The levels were not changeable by editor on my notebook attached to the surface. Got me really into trouble. What resolved the situation was a tried infield reflashing of the firmware. It didn’t work, the editor responded with “update failed” or similar, but after the following reboot, everything worked just fine.

tendersound
    Participant

Jens. I know exactly what you mean. That is a show stopper. I had to mix on a laptop which is no fun.

Have you had the problem since?

P.s. every one used a brand new cable from I live to idr with no problems. On the other hand rhe gig the day before I used all my cable and had no problems so..um yeah doesnt say much which bums me. Wish there was a permanent fix.

I know bashing the company can be wrong but I trusted heath to not give me problems it never has in the past..so whats stopping me from getting an x32 and saving bucko bucks now… its a real let down when bad stuff happens at a gig with mixer.

Hmm..it must be broke!

clarocque
    Participant

Well a hard down fader is better than a hard up fader…

No one for A&H to comment on this?

clarocque
    Participant

Any insight A&H?

clarocque
    Participant

@tendersound – what did A&H say?

Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

Equipment alone never gives someone a bad rep.
    Bad reps come to people who don’t plan, have spares with them or build redundancy into their audio systems.

tendersound
    Participant

Millst. Simmer down and throw a shrimp on the barbie. Not all of us can have two ilives on hand.

Im waiting for AH to return my message.

Hmm..it must be broke!

Profile photo of riggs1963
    riggs1963
    Participant

millst is from Ewe Zulend mate…maybe you could get him to thrown a sheep on instead…oh and they’re prawns not bloody shrimp…Cheers…

T112|iDR48+ACEcard|Laptop|iDR16|iPad|iPS10

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.