I got a bad rep cause of your board…

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions I got a bad rep cause of your board…

This topic contains 33 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mervaka mervaka 11 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tendersound
    tendersound
    Participant

I own a r72 idr32. Have had this board for less than a year.

At a gig with a new client yesterday. Before I drive to the gig I boot up the I live it works fine. Load it in the truck and drive to the gig..get there.

Turn on the board and raise the main faders ad well as the iPod channels…30 seconds into the track my linked iPod and L.R pairs start moving on there own. Left side of one shoots up and right fader shoots down. They jump around erraticlly …pause and repeat. It does this enough where I mute the main bus. Stays muted thank god.

After rebooting my r72 enough times And then minutes before the show everything behaves and luckily the show started on time. This did not make me or my product I bought look good.

I was on edge the whole show. This should be a road ready product. I shouldn’t have these issues. I’m going to call Allen and Heath Monday and demand a replacement board. Seriously. Pissed off.

Hmm..it must be broke!

Profile photo of clarocque
    clarocque
    Participant

Wonder if this was the R72 or the mix rack (and the R-72 following it). These posts scare me…

T112, R72, iDR48 w/M-DANTE (2), PL10, MixPad, Editor
    MacBook Pro, Mac Mini
    Lion/Logic Pro/PT10
    All latest versions/firmware

tendersound
    Participant

Def the r72. I had a similar problem at a gig where the faders where not responsive. You coulda moved them as much as you wanted and you couldn’t change a damn level. They didn’t even feel the same when you moved em. Almost like the motor wasn’t behind them I know the feeling. I couldn’t even raise the fader in the touch screen under the routing tab.

I also know its the r72 because I used the ilive editor (which sucks btw) and didn’t have any problems the rest of the night.

I hate the editor because there are to many windows. If i wanna switch the another chaNnel the other one stay up…to many windows.

Hmm..it must be broke!

clarocque
    Participant

Did you have a wireless router hooked up?

clarocque
    Participant

BTW you can control how many windows do or don’t stay up in editor.

tendersound
    Participant

Yes. I had a router hooked up lastnight but it wasnt powered on.

Hmm..it must be broke!

clarocque
    Participant

Are you operating with a shielded cat5 that is approved?

T112, R72, iDR48 w/M-DANTE (2), PL10, MixPad, Editor
    MacBook Pro, Mac Mini
    Lion/Logic Pro/PT10
    All latest versions/firmware

tendersound
    Participant

Yes. This cat5 cable was purchased from horizon.

Hmm..it must be broke!

Profile photo of msmelser
    msmelser
    Participant

Had the same problem with idr32/idr48 dual mixrack with T112 surface. It ended up being too intermittent to troubleshoot so they swapped out my 32(master) and T112. Haven’t had a problem since.

T112/Dual:iDR32-iDR48/Dante
    MacBook Pro/iDR16/Dante
    T112/iDR48/Dante
    T112/iDR32
    Mac Mini/Dante (Backing Tracks)
    Mac Pro/Dante (Multitracking)
    2 iPads w/ MixPad

tendersound
    Participant

Msmesler. …were they pretty quick and easy to send out new or was it a pain?

Hmm..it must be broke!

clarocque
    Participant

Tendersound… what Firmware you running?

There are a handful of posts on here about this, but I haven’t seen any real explanation.

Always a concern that this would happen to a main and create some really bad feedback you can’t stop until killing the amps. Or an IEM decides to max out.

I wish A&H actually posted some findings on this. Maybe that could help people avoid this before it creates a problem for others.

tendersound
    Participant

V 1.83..going to make the upgrade to 1.9 after the weekend

Hmm..it must be broke!

Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

I’ve had this before when using an iPad or iPhone to control over a slightly dodgy IP link. Its highly likely to be a dodgy Ethernet connection.

Try replacing the ethernet cable with a known good one and see if that resolves your problem.

Again, is not very kind to flame the manufacturer of a product, when in this case, it may not actually be anything to do with something they supplied.

tendersound
    Participant

Ive checked over my Ethernet cable. There are no rips tears or signs of damage. I would hate to bring this out on a gig all the time and risk things like show stoppers.

I wonder if its a dodgy connection. I have used thr same cabling from my idr 32 to laptop with no problems..

Hmm..it must be broke!

Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

Ethernet is a sensitive beast.
    If it is an intermittent fault then it will pass a visual inspection.

I regularly cut the RJ45 connectors off my Ethernet snakes and put new ones on.

Test it with another cable, its the only way of isolating the problem.

I would be exceedingly surprised if the fault is in the desk.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.