iLive with Pro Tools

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions iLive with Pro Tools

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of inlinemedia inlinemedia 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of frankb3
    frankb3
    Participant

Any success stories with recording form iLive to Pro Tools? (Specifically Mbox Pro).
    New to the iLive environment.

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

I’m confused, how could one not have success with it? Shouldn’t it be exactly the same way you’d record via direct outs, busses, auxes, etc from any other console in the world, just with more flexibility since it’s an iLive? There’s no Venue style integration.

I just don’t see how this is an iLive specific question

iDR-48, T-112, Mixpad
    College

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by frankb3

Any success stories with recording form iLive to Pro Tools? (Specifically Mbox Pro).
    New to the iLive environment.

The mbox pro is just another firewire audio interface ……as it is not directly linked to iLive other than by audio inputs or outputs it will behave like any other firewire audio interface…If you want to take full advantage of the ilive for recording you should use either MADI or Dante formats to link to your computer directly. Of course either of these will show up in your pro tools as available I/Os..

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of frankb3
    frankb3
    Participant

Thanks for the input. Yes, should have clarified “Like Venue”.

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by frankb3

Thanks for the input. Yes, should have clarified “Like Venue”.

Gottcha, nope no direct integration. Dante is the easiest via DVS

iDR-48, T-112, Mixpad
    College

Profile photo of CMattE
    CMattE
    Participant

And just so you know, you’ll need Pro Tools 9 or 10 to work with Dante and iLive. But you’ll still be limited to 32 channels of I/O. Because of this limitation I record into Reaper and then mix in Pro Tools.

Also don’t overlook the Waves card. I’m not a huge fan of some of Waves business practices, but being able to use external plug-ins does interest me. But on that note, I believe you have to have the (more expensive)”TDM” versions of their plugs to work with their system. And an external server for olug-in processing (but not for recording, at least that’s my understanding).

T112/48, MacBook Pro, D-link DIR-815, iPad 1 w/mixpad, Dante card feeding a Mac Mini w/DVS.

Profile photo of inlinemedia
    inlinemedia
    Participant

hi!

… i use the m-waves card and it is awesome [8D]
    there are superb driver available from waves (asio and coreaudio) – so you can use rhe card as a 64 channels in/out soundcard.
    i am using a soundgrid server for live-processing, too. and yes: you need to buy tdm plugs for this.

cheers,
    andie

andreas putz
    foh engineer
    office@inlinemedia.at

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.