can i use one pc for both

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions can i use one pc for both

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Elphie Elphie 11 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of djprasad44
    djprasad44
    Participant

after i install Dante card to my iDR64 can i use multi track recode & ilive editor on one pc in same time. if can how to connect device to pc thank you.please guide ip address also

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by djprasad44

after i install Dante card to my iDR64 can i use multi track recode & ilive editor on one pc in same time. if can how to connect device to pc thank you.please guide ip address also

perhaps you should read this

https://iliveforum.allen-heath.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1601&SearchTerms=dante

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

djprasad44
    Participant

thank for reply but there are no answer for my question. i new for dante user

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

quote:

I think you need to do a lot more reading up on how Dante and ACE works, but assuming your laptop is powerful enough why would it NOT work? You’ll need two nics though. Seems like you need to do some homework first.

iDR-48, T-112, Mixpad
    College

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

sorry but there are so many variables, and the link was meant to make you aware of these..

the answer is yes, maybe, it depends..

as tk2k said read up and do a dante search on the forum, or download the dvs from audinate and see for yourself……

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of clarocque
    clarocque
    Participant

It has worked fine for me in testing. I have never done a live recording using this, but have done numerous tests using a MBP. I simply patched the iDR’s network to the Dante’s network port. Then connected the Dante to laptop.

Hope that is what you were asking..

djprasad44
    Participant

thank you very much every repliers. a get 1 answer “YES” now i know one pc can do both @ same time. then i need to know how to connect this two unit to pc.thank you.

Profile photo of Elphie
    Elphie
    Participant

You got a response, but without you making any effort to understand the underlying principles. I wouldn’t classify that as an answer.

As others have said, there are many variables. Start by following the previous link, spend some time reading the Dante docs, and then you can work out the options available to you. Sorry to get grumpy, but from the questions you’re asking, I’d really encourage you to spend some time understanding the details. The reward is worth it.

Try the Dante docs listed here…
    https://www.allen-heath.com/UK/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=iLiveSeries&ProductId=Dante&SubCatId=AudioNetworkingOptions

Cheers,
    Michael

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.