Double patching inputs

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Double patching inputs

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris93 Chris93 11 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of kmoor
    kmoor
    Participant

Maybe I’m just missing it, but on a Yamaha I can patch an input to multiple channels. I want to have the same mic on one channel that will be feeding the monitors with one set of dynamics and on another channel feeding the mains with different dynamics.

Is this possible?

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Easy, there’s nothing stopping you from using choosing the same input socket for multiple channels.

Select, processing, preamp, input socket.

Chris

Profile photo of kmoor
    kmoor
    Participant

That didn’t seem to work last night. The new channel grabbed the input socket, but the replaced the original channel with something else. Looked like a montor socket.

GLD 80
    AR2412
    AR84

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by kmoor

That didn’t seem to work last night. The new channel grabbed the input socket, but the replaced the original channel with something else. Looked like a montor socket.

GLD 80
    AR2412
    AR84

Now I’m confused… were you trying to do this in the I/O patch menu, or in channel processing?

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

TO clarify, I’ve always used the channel processing to patch inputs and the I/O page to patch outputs. Are there better ways to do these? In particular I’d like to patch outputs from the mix processing screen.

I patch inputs from the channel processing partly so that I don’t need to remember which DSP channel is which if I’ve strip-assigned things around.

Chris

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Chris93

TO clarify, I’ve always used the channel processing to patch inputs and the I/O page to patch outputs. Are there better ways to do these? In particular I’d like to patch outputs from the mix processing screen.

I patch inputs from the channel processing partly so that I don’t need to remember which DSP channel is which if I’ve strip-assigned things around.

Chris

I think patching inputs from channel processing is the only way to do double-patching.

On the other hand, I don’t believe I’ve seen any way to patch outputs from the mix processing screen… admittedly I’m in a fixed-install (church) environment where we do our best to never, ever, change our output patching.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

It seems strange not to have an output socket selection box in the mix processing screen.

Chris

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.