***Wish List for GLD***

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions ***Wish List for GLD***

This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Koopdaddy Koopdaddy 11 years ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of aisle-6
    aisle-6
    Participant

I will start off by stating that I have not installed the latest firmware update as yet. Hopefully this week.

1. It really bothers me when I save a scene that I get not notification that the scene has indeed ben updated. A simple “successful update” message would be wonderful.

2. I think that some sort of highly visual cue (flashing screen or something) when the operator is not in FOH mode (MIX selected on mains). I realise that the blue MIX buttons are highlighted over whatever they are selected on. However, if like me you delegate your FOH main faders down to a lower level (I rarely touch them) then there is really no visual cue to notify me if I am not on the FOH MIX. This is very unnerving. I have created a soft key that takes me to FOH MIX similar to the HOME key on a YAMAHA mixer. But a visual notification that you have left the main mix would be very welcome and I am sure very simple to deliver. (able to be disabled in the preferences of course. As a monitor board would not want this)

All in all, a great mixer though.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

It’s not “highly visual” but there is a small window at the bottom left of the screen that tells you which mix you’re in. There’s another window in the top left that tells you which channel is selected.

I agree on the scene store confirmation. I’d also like a feature (that some would want disabled) where the scene would automatically store when the name was typed in. A pop up option to overwrite the show file when a new scene was stored would help too.

Chris

Profile photo of byondo
    byondo
    Participant

my wish is to have an official/sticky “wishlist and buglist” topic.

Thanks, regards.
    Massimo

Profile photo of bigbean
    bigbean
    Participant

I would like a “update layout to scene” capability. After you build a new layer configuration you like, It would be great to be able to update a scene to the new configuration without having to build it through eight layers (4 x A, 4 x B)

Damn thing sounds great though.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

I’d like to see a preview of a library item on screen before I overwrite the current settings.

GLD-80, AR2412, Peavey Versarray 112s 218 & CS Amps eh

Profile photo of byondo
    byondo
    Participant

so, let ‘s try on this post, my very humble wishlist is:
    – fx sends for groups (without reassigning another dedicate aux)
    – a little more extended chars table for the player (if I had a title containing “à” or “è”, then the song simply disappears from playlist)
    – pafl clearing function (headache headache…)
    – ah! and oh well.. the three-letters word starting with “a” and ends with “p” ;)

thanks, regards.
    Massimo

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

I believe you can insert an FX unit on a group. Should get the job done.

Chris

Profile photo of byondo
    byondo
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Chris93

I believe you can insert an FX unit on a group. Should get the job done.

Chris

thanks Chris, but it’s just another workaround and not so handy too…
    I don’t want a “job getting done” but a logical (and IMHO actually missed) function implementation.

Regards
    Massimo

Profile photo of byondo
    byondo
    Participant

Another little wish: I’d like something similar to the iLive efx “spkrmatrix”, or simply a LF/HF cutting filter with x-over capabilities on mix outputs; something for creating a simple 2.1 PA system without using an external processor.

Thanks, regards.
    Massimo

Profile photo of JLD
    JLD
    Participant

A way to route Left OR Right to a mono matrix.

Profile photo of xjcsa
    xjcsa
    Participant

I’d like to be able to set a tap delay longer than the current limit of 1,360 ms. One or two songs in my application call for a delay more like 1500-1600 ms, but I can’t do it due to the 1,360 ms limit.

Also – I would love to be able to switch the tap delay “unit” to BPM instead of milliseconds.

Profile photo of bigbean
    bigbean
    Participant

After reading the new manual (that isn’t called a manual), I think I know how to structure my feature request.

Please add “Strip Assign”‘, “talk back” and “softkey assign” to scene safes.

Please add “Strip, insert, FX and I/O Assign” as a new type of scene.

Please add a feature called “Paste Levels” to scene.

Profile photo of cctrieloff
    cctrieloff
    Participant

Since this seems to the building request list, will add it here..

– to be able to run MIDI on selecting a softkey (can do today) and (the request) when deselecting it.
    – MIDI commands to stop and start recording to USB
    – MIDI commands to re patch IO from socket to digital bus, i.e. Dante. (So I can swap from socket to Dante, and back again on any collection of channels as defined by the MIDI by pressing a softkey to select IO, and pressing the same softkey to swap back again) without using scenes.

Carl.

Profile photo of Koopdaddy
    Koopdaddy
    Participant

My requests would be:

1. Off/online editor
    2. DVI out for secondary display
    3. Ability to use any combination of stage racks provided they dont exceed the capability of the mixer (i.e 2 x AR2412 or 4 x AR84 etc)
    4. Not related to the current GLD per say, but expand the GLD line to include a rack mount version and perhaps a larger frame option (more faders)

Just a few that I would like to see on the system. :)
    Overall still a great product but missing the offline editor.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.