iPad iOS6 issue

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions iPad iOS6 issue

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of spaceka spaceka 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

Going against my better judgement we upgraded our iPads to iOS6. These are connecting to an airport extreme which is set up as a LAN with the iLive on the network. Our PC’s can connect to the mix rack but, none of our iOS6 devices can see the mix rack on the network (They can connect to the network just fine). We have tried all kinds of setting on the airport and on the iOS devices but, without success. Any suggestions?

NOTE: Everything was working fine before the iOS6 upgrades.

before I go restoring a bunch of iPads to pre iOS6 I want to make sure we have not done anything wrong.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of BerndVP
    BerndVP
    Participant

You can’t downgrade to iOS 5.1.1
    Apple doesn’t allow it to downgrade their device, unless you have jailbroken the devices and saved shsh-blobs, but this is off the record…

T112 – iDR48 – Dante – v1.9

Profile photo of AndyH
    AndyH

Hi Kentlowt,

I came across a similar problem with iOS6, and found a rather bizzar workaround. I don’t know if this will work for you, but you could try changing your DHCP ‘Router Address’ and DHCP ‘DNS Server’ to your router IP address. So if your routers IP address is set to 192.168.1.254, then set your ‘Router Address’ and DNS to this too.
    (You may have to set your internet settings to ‘manual’ to be able to edit these options).
    After which, forget the wireless network on your iPad, and re-connect.

This seemed to work for me (although I was using a different router). You could try it, and see if it works. If it doesn’t, you can always revert your router settings to how they were before.

Cheers,

AndyH

Profile photo of wavepro
    wavepro
    Participant

AndyH is correct. I did this and all is good

kentlowt
    Participant

Will give this a shot and report back.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

kentlowt
    Participant

Setting the dns to the router ip and using manual proxy with a in the server and 1 in the port made everything start working.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of zblebt
    zblebt
    Participant

Hello, new iPad iOS version (6.1) is out. Is it safe to update my firware without problems with Mixpad?

Thanks for reply, show during weekend and I don’t wanna lose my wireless for this one. :P

iDR 48
    T112
    iPad3 + TL-WDR4300

Profile photo of Elphie
    Elphie
    Participant

I’ve upgraded from 5 to 6.1 today. I can’t get my hands on our gear until the weekend, but I can tell you how it works after then!

Cheers,
    Michael

Profile photo of zblebt
    zblebt
    Participant

Hey, one more problem. Does anyone have a solution?

We are currently running iLive T112 with iDR 48 with no cards in port B, surface is connected with the ace port, wireless router (tl wdr4300) is set up as 192.168.1.11 to network port, there is notebook connected to network port at 192.168.1.10.

Router is making a DHCP server 192.168.1.100 till 200, all security is OK.

I am usin iPad 3 wifi only, with iOS 6.0.1 which is running the Mixpad app without any problems everywhere.
    We do have an iPad 4, wifi + 3g, same iOS, same account, same application, which has serious droupouts like every five to ten minutes. Ive spread the word around and it seems that we are not the only ones, who have these problems with new iPad.
    We have tried almost everything (a 1 solution, restarts, reinstals) and nothing helped.

Thanks for every helpful hint.

iDR 48
    T112
    iPad3 + TL-WDR4300

Profile photo of clarocque
    clarocque
    Participant

Any confirmation for OS6.1?

T112, R72, iDR48 w/M-DANTE (2), PL10, MixPad, Editor
    MacBook Pro, Mac Mini
    Lion/Logic Pro/PT10
    All latest versions/firmware

kentlowt
    Participant

The patch notes of the new version that came out a few days ago say nothing about networking. However if you want to be first be my guest, I am not gonna do that again. LOL

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of spaceka
    spaceka
    Participant

Confirm

I have Still problem with mixpad 1.9 , iOS 6.0.1 and ipad “4”
    Tested many rotuters, ip setups and every the same.
    Mixpad run no longer than 20 minutes after this time without anny mesage stop the com with mix rack. I think problem is in app Or ios and must make something A&H.
    helps type switch on wifi or similarly , dont help us.
    Have enybody running mixpad on ipad4?
    Thanks

T112, iDR48, Dante, iPad 4, MacBook13, TL-WDR4300

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.