Fader Limit?

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Fader Limit?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jcarter jcarter 11 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of brianaudiobiz
    brianaudiobiz
    Participant

I have a prospective customer who has borrowed one of our GLD-80s. He stated the following:

“Regarding the faders on the gld-80, the problem I was having was when I would push it above U, it would act as if it had a “fail safe” or a limiter on each of the channels, including the main and DCA’s, and snap the fader back to -10.”

I have not seen this before, and I don’t have another unit to try and replicate this problem. Has anyone out there experienced this or have a good theory? Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

The only thing that I can think of is the DCA mute group function where the fader can be locked to unity to use a DCA as just a mute group. The fader will stay on 0 electronically. It can be physically moved but will move back to 0 when released.

There can also be some strange behaviour if two or more faders are ganged and the user puts their fingers on both and tries to move them at the same time. They can become unsure of which one is in charge and when you let go they jump to a position different from where you put them. They’ve always gone lower when I’ve seen it happen.

None of these are really like what has been described but may give you something to think about.

Chris

Profile photo of brianaudiobiz
    brianaudiobiz
    Participant

I’ll have them take a look. Thanks for the response. Cheers!

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

Could the faders have been incorrectly calibrated at some point?

Might be a good idea to have your customer run through the fader calibration routine to see if that fixes the problem.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.