ILive Onemix now available

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions ILive Onemix now available

This topic contains 17 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of bucks bucks 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of papromike
    papromike
    Participant

Guys, the new iLive ONE MIX personal monitor mixing app is now available on the App store for inly $7.99

This is a dedicated personal monitor mixing app in which each user can be “locked” into a single mix with only controls for their mix.

This is awesome news for all you guys on ears or portable applications.

Check it outon the app store!

Vice President of Sales
    Allen & Heath USA

Profile photo of frozenwaffles
    frozenwaffles
    Participant

just one question….
    why are we giving users control of the limiter?
    i havent played with it yet but this is what itunes says.
    can you enable and disable certain features from admin side of things?

Current stock:
    2x T112, 1x T80, 2x R72, 2x iDR-48, 3x iDR-16, 2x xDR-16
    4x Dante Cards, 3x ACE Cards

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

Great now if i could just get my ipads to see the darn iLive system on the network…

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of shuahughes
    shuahughes
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by frozenwaffles

just one question….
    why are we giving users control of the limiter?
    i havent played with it yet but this is what itunes says.
    can you enable and disable certain features from admin side of things?

Yes, it appears you can disable the access to the processing from admin.

I was hoping this was going to be iPhone and iPad :(
    For mixing your own monitor on stage an iPhone should be plenty, but the tweak app is horrible for this!!

Also, will Dual Rack mode be available for OneMix and MixPad at any stage?
    I love how flexible the iLive system is, but no dual rack for iPad really limits the flexibility for me.
    I assume if inputs on a slave MixRack are assigned to a DCA the MixPad will still correctly control the DCA?
    But for mixing monitors we can’t see the individual channels…?

Profile photo of AnnsAudio
    AnnsAudio
    Participant

@shuahughes, What’s Dual Rack and how does it affect your MixPad/OneMix flexibility?

Peace! Always!

T80, iDR32, MacBook Pro, 8-slot expander, ACE (A), MiniMultiOut (B) and other stuff I have to figure out :))

Profile photo of david_herl
    david_herl
    Participant

Is OneMix can be used with iPad Mini?

Thanks

Profile photo of 8thnote
    8thnote
    Participant

Used three Onemix apps last night on stage and it worked great. Much better for monitor mixing. Used 1 iPad1 iOS5, 1 iPad2 w/iOS6 and 1 iPad3 w/iOS6. They all worked great.

Profile photo of BerndVP
    BerndVP
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by david_herl

Is OneMix can be used with iPad Mini?

Thanks

David, yes why wouldn’t it work ?!
    iPad mini has 1024×768 reso like the the iPad 1 and 2.

T112 – iDR48 – Dante – v1.9

Profile photo of david_herl
    david_herl
    Participant

Yes. Silly me.

How many units can be used at the same time?

Any glitches so far?

This is way better than using the conventional personal monitor (eg. aviom, mymix, hearback,etc) if it’s proven stable.

Thanks

Profile photo of unonuncasabe
    unonuncasabe
    Participant

Is it me, or the pan and mute controls are controlling the mains instead of sends?

Profile photo of bucks
    bucks
    Participant

Hi Jorge,

The mute is channel based, so if you were using a single I/P, and using it as both a send to a OneMix aux, and had it ‘on’ to a FOH main, then yes its muted to both the both the main and the OneMix. By using an input split in this scenario instead, you can give the musician a separate channel which can be muted independently of your FOH mix. If the I/P belongs to another OneMix musician or is shared with the FOH mix, you can disable access to the mute in the setup of the bank.

As for the pan [:I]. I can’t think of a way of pretending this is a feature, so yes it’s a bug! The pan does control the send pan, but its also been accidentally cross linked to the main pan. If your using an I/P split, and therefore the I/P is off to the main it wouldn’t matter, but otherwise it would affect it, and is therefore wrong !

I’m looking into it now, and will hopefully get an update posted to apple ASAP.

Thanks

Andy
    A&H

Profile photo of shuahughes
    shuahughes
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by AnnsAudio

@shuahughes, What’s Dual Rack and how does it affect your MixPad/OneMix flexibility?

Dual Rack is when you use an ACE card in Port B to connect a second MixRack.
    This offers some great flexibility, for example:
    an iDR32 on stage, and an iDR16 at FOH for additional inputs.
    or maybe you use an iDR32 on your main stage for the band, but then you have a brass and string section off to the side, or in a pit. Put the an iDR16 down there and save running an analogue snake.

Dual Rack also lets you operate 2 separate consols, which is great for FOH and Monitors.
    Each consol can access all of the inputs from both MixRacks and you can mix them totally independently.
    (one of the consols will control the pre amp gains, and the other will have digital trim control)

I work with a group of small churches who are looking to each get an iDR16 or iDR32, controlled by iPad. This provides a very user-friendly and cost effective system with great quality and control.
    Every now and then, they wish to combine their gear to do a big concert.

We hire in a T112 and we are good to go.
    It would be amazing to be able to be able to use iPads for monitors, however seeing as our inputs would be spread across 2 racks, the iPad won’t have access to the second rack.

Earlier this year we did a big praise concert in a local park.
    We hired an iDR48 and T112.
    Because we are all volunteers not professionals, we were able to split up the rolls really well.
    I had my best guy on the T112, checking all the gain levels, mixing down to DCAs, and doing all the FX.
    I had a second guy beside him on a laptop running the editor and mixing the foldback.
    Then a third guy was out in the audience with an iPad mixing the FOH basically just on DCAs.
    I also had my Laptop in the audience, along with an RTA on my iPhone doing some system tuning and EQ and keeping an eye on everything.

The iLive was so user friendly for my volunteers, and was very straight forward to have a whole team each controlling different aspects of the sound and mix.

If OneMix and MixPad can be improved to handle dual rack mode, it is a total no brainer for our churches.
    Nothing else out there gives us the ability to install a small system in each church and then bring it all together. Especially not at such an amazing price point.
    (remember, if we don’t need the console, even our tiny churches can afford it!!)

Also, each band can rehearse at their own church and create their own show file, and then just load it into the big system.
    Using Dante we can even virtual sound check everyone.
    It’s just the big finale group with everyone onstage that has to be sound checked once we get the whole system together.

Anyway, sorry for the big ramble, but you can see I really love the iLive system.
    Just please, please, please give us dual rack on OneMix and MixPad….
    and OneMix on iPhone, or at least an upgrade to the UI for tweak.

Thanks, Josh

Profile photo of unonuncasabe
    unonuncasabe
    Participant

Thanks Andy. Just curious: can the mute button be controlling the assign on/off for that channel to the aux?

The app is the awesomest thing ever!

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by bucks

As for the pan [:I]. I can’t think of a way of pretending this is a feature, so yes it’s a bug! The pan does control the send pan, but its also been accidentally cross linked to the main pan.

Hi Andy,

In one case I would love this to be a (optional) feature, namely for stereo effect sends. I’d love to have the possibility to cross link the send’s pan to the main pan in such cases.

Wouter
    IDR32, R72, Dante, Mixpad
    laptop, TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Profile photo of bucks
    bucks
    Participant

Hi Guys

I’ve posted V1.91 OneMix to Apple for approval. This addresses the Send Pan / Main Pan linking issue.

Its tight, but I think it could miss their Christmas shutdown deadline, which I believe is Dec 22nd -> 29th.

So you should see in as an update from Dec 29th onwards.

Cheers

Andy.

Andy
    A&H

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.