EQ channels over Aux bus

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions EQ channels over Aux bus

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MaartenLouer MaartenLouer 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MaartenLouer
    MaartenLouer
    Participant

Hi all,

Just figuring out howto do some EQ over monitors. It seems that i only can EQ things on the Aux bus, but not on channels. Lets say i have a stereo in ear mix, and the singer wants the guitar to be EQ’d how can i do that? FOH EQ is no problem but EQuing instruments over Aux channels. kind regards,

Maarten Louer

Profile photo of parsen
    parsen
    Participant

Hi Maarten,

Let’s say you have an iDR32 mix rack. Even though you only have 32 mic pre-amps, the iDR32 still has 64 channels of processing power. So you can assign mic pre-amp 1 to channels 1 and 33, pre-amp 2 to channels 2 and 34 and so on. Use channels 1 to 32 for front of house and channels 33 to 64 for monitors.

Enjoy!
    Paul

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by parsen

Hi Maarten,

Let’s say you have an iDR32 mix rack. Even though you only have 32 mic pre-amps, the iDR32 still has 64 channels of processing power. So you can assign mic pre-amp 1 to channels 1 and 33, pre-amp 2 to channels 2 and 34 and so on. Use channels 1 to 32 for front of house and channels 33 to 64 for monitors.

Enjoy!
    Paul

and don’t forget to set the aux source at least post PEQ of course :-)

Wouter
    IDR32, R72, Dante, Mixpad
    laptop, TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

MaartenLouer
    Participant

Hi Woutert,

thanx for this usefull info. That i didn’t know :)
    So then i can seperate the FOH EQ from Monitor EQ. As it normally should be .

thanx, bedankt :)

quote:

Originally posted by woutert

quote:

Originally posted by parsen

Hi Maarten,

Enjoy!
    Paul

and don’t forget to set the aux source at least post PEQ of course :-)

Wouter
    IDR32, R72, Dante, Mixpad
    laptop, TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Hi all,

Just figuring out howto do some EQ over monitors. It seems that i only can EQ things on the Aux bus, but not on channels. Lets say i have a stereo in ear mix, and the singer wants the guitar to be EQ’d how can i do that? FOH EQ is no problem but EQuing instruments over Aux channels. kind regards,

Maarten Louer

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Same way as you’d do it on analog console – Y split where one channel goes to PA, other unassigned from main mix, just to AUXes post EQ. The only difference here you don’t need to carry Y-cable with you.

ddff

MaartenLouer
    Participant

Ok i did the follow.

Custom strip in Editor with two tabs. one FOH the other AUX

both with 16 channels with same names etc etc.
    Now i’m able to EQ the instruments separately from FOH to Monitors.
    But still i have one issue left to fix. Now i cannot Pan the instruments so the the
    sterei in ear has a nice mix. How i can do that? hope you guys can help.

thanx in advance

Maarten Louer

Hi all,

Maarten Louer

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

You just make stereo AUX. That will have it’s own pan.

ddff

MaartenLouer
    Participant

HI ddff,

I have allready a stereo aux setup (output 5/6) merged to one stereo fader with a panning knob, but how can i pan the guitars? or keyboards? I’ve setup channels 1 to 16 inputs and FOH mixing tab, and 26 to 42 as monitors (same naming etc etc) these channels have a blue preamp knob so that i have separate gain from FOH and Monitors, but then the panning does not work.

quote:

Originally posted by ddff_lv

You just make stereo AUX. That will have it’s own pan.

ddff

Hi all,

Maarten Louer

Profile photo of joefi
    joefi
    Participant

dear Maarten,

-I have allready a stereo aux setup (output 5/6) merged to one stereo fader- sorry i don`t understand what you have done?

can you explain it in detail? so maybe i can help you

br

joe

iDR32 & IPad1 & R72 & DANTE
    *** less is more ***

MaartenLouer
    Participant

Hi All,

thanx so much for all advises and input regarding my EQ problem.
    It works like a charm now. I didn’t know the secret “right-mouse click” option to select source and choose post on all auxes.

Thanx

Hi all,

Maarten Louer

Profile photo of joefi
    joefi
    Participant

hi Maarten,

here’s another how to for you and all interested iLive users

https://vimeo.com/56042244

Pan on StereoAux

br

joe

*** less is more ***

MaartenLouer
    Participant

Hi Joe,

thanx for the very clear video’s you have posted. It helped me a lot.

Regards,

quote:

Originally posted by joefi

hi Maarten,

here’s another how to for you and all interested iLive users

https://vimeo.com/56042244

Pan on StereoAux

br

joe

*** less is more ***

Hi all,

Maarten Louer

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.