Editor Help

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RayS RayS 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of AnnsAudio
    AnnsAudio
    Participant

I suspect I’ll be posting much to this thread.

Q: How do I get my shows, saved to a USB (in v1.9 – my editor and firmware are both updated) into editor, on my MBPro laptop?

I’ve tried File: USB Drive Location, then search for my thumb drive under the Volumes folder (as I’m looking directly at the thumb drive) and dig down to the AllenHeath folder. Do I stop there, or open 1 level further to the Shows folder?

At any rate, when I choose either one or the other, in the Tools, Show Manager, none of my shows appear. It’s just a list of templates.

Ya, it’s so elementary. But I can’t figure it out.

Peace! Always!

T80, iDR32, MacBook Pro, 8-slot expander, ACE (A), MiniMultiOut (B) and other stuff I have to figure out :))

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by AnnsAudio

I suspect I’ll be posting much to this thread.

Q: How do I get my shows, saved to a USB (in v1.9 – my editor and firmware are both updated) into editor, on my MBPro laptop?

I’ve tried File: USB Drive Location, then search for my thumb drive under the Volumes folder (as I’m looking directly at the thumb drive) and dig down to the AllenHeath folder. Do I stop there, or open 1 level further to the Shows folder?

At any rate, when I choose either one or the other, in the Tools, Show Manager, none of my shows appear. It’s just a list of templates.

Ya, it’s so elementary. But I can’t figure it out.

Peace! Always!

T80, iDR32, MacBook Pro, 8-slot expander, ACE (A), MiniMultiOut (B) and other stuff I have to figure out :))

Hi, under the file/usb drive location is under “Volumes” and just select the volume no need to go deeper….then select “choose” exit that and go to your show folder in editor, you will see your shows in the usb (right ) side of the dialog box, from there you can import them in editor or surface etc..

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

AnnsAudio
    Participant

Yay! Thanks Ray! It worked!

You rock my baby-Editor-based world! (until the next question – there will be more HAHA!!)

Peace! Always!

AnnsAudio
    Participant

OK. This is cool. I can see my scene now.

Looking in the I/P window, I see that all of my channels are chronologically lined up – not at all how it looks on my surface.

And I see all the channels that are NOT currently on the surface. These channels are no longer used – instruments and/or vox inputs. And a DCA drum group that is no longer necessary.

How do I completely delete or zero out unused channels and all associated patches?

Is there a way to click and drag channels into different positions (to group the vocals that are currently not together)? Or insert a new channel into the I/P layout somehow? I want to add a new vox and acoustic guitar. Do they have to be added at the end of the inputs?

I think I understand that the channel NUMBER does not mean it has to be laid out this way on the surface. Do I use the surface tab to do that? And is that clickable/drag-able?

Peace! Always!

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

OK. This is cool. I can see my scene now.

Looking in the I/P window, I see that all of my channels are chronologically lined up – not at all how it looks on my surface.

And I see all the channels that are NOT currently on the surface. These channels are no longer used – instruments and/or vox inputs. And a DCA drum group that is no longer necessary.

How do I completely delete or zero out unused channels and all associated patches?

Is there a way to click and drag channels into different positions (to group the vocals that are currently not together)? Or insert a new channel into the I/P layout somehow? I want to add a new vox and acoustic guitar. Do they have to be added at the end of the inputs?

I think I understand that the channel NUMBER does not mean it has to be laid out this way on the surface. Do I use the surface tab to do that? And is that clickable/drag-able?

Peace! Always!

Yep the surface tab….you drag and drop the modules (inputs, groups aux etc..) either where they appear on your surface or where you would like them (first press the STRIP button on lower left of the editor). I usually don’t bother to have them identical as the strip layout in editor has all the I/Os whereas my surface only shows what I really need for a show (R72) Also note that under “View” number of open windows there is a selection choice 1-2 or 4 this might help you see only what you need,ch 1-16, 17-32 etc.. you could also build a totally “custom” looking console using the custom tab (by selecting..Custom next to the surface tab.)that is different from the surface and the ip or dca or mix window .

I would suggest you build your first show with a first scene that includes all the patch as you want it by doing a “store all” under the Scenes tab, then/call rename that scene “preset” boot scene or whatever, that will save your parameters, EQs, layout, mic pres levels, strip arrangements etc. I usually make a new one per show and save this to the show file.

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

AnnsAudio
    Participant

So tell me please. How do I wipe out any unwanted channels? Not just from the surface, but altogether. From the monitor mixes, inputs, etc.

Thanks!

Peace! Always!

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

So tell me please. How do I wipe out any unwanted channels? Not just from the surface, but altogether. From the monitor mixes, inputs, etc.

Thanks!

Peace! Always!

Hi Ann, perhaps I don’t understand your question, but, how could there be any unwanted channels?? think of it as a 64 inputs 32 output 8 fx bus console. you can’t remove anything from it! you just use what you need on a show to show basis…if you mean return channels to their original names etc..just click on any channel in editor near the coloured part of the strip where the name is, the renaming window will appear, then select “reset name” there are several other ways to do this….. if you have inputs going to monitor mixes you need to remove, in the editor (or surface) click on the mix button for that aux and then either click the on/off button on top of those inputs you don’t want (editor) or just leave their faders down to infinity….As I said in a previous post if there are channels you don’t want to see, just build yourself a new show and rearrange the console or (easier) use a custom ip window or redo the surface to represent what you want or need….the ILive is probably the most flexible digital console out there but you must think of it as unrestricted by its physical representation…..any strip can go anywhere….if you don’T need it just don’t use it…

hope that helps

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.