Wireless MP3 Playback

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Wireless MP3 Playback

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stix Stix 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

Just to let you know that I tested Foobar2000 at a gig last night.
    It works great for MP3 playback over Dante.
    I even had it working over a wireless bridge.

To get it working you need to…

Install Foobar 2000
    Install the free ASIO plugin
    Change the sound card to Dante
    Use the included re sample plugin to change the sample rate to 48k.

Setup the routing to send the audio from your laptop into two channels on the mixer.

What would be insanely awesome is an iPhone / iPad app that allowed you to stream music off the iPad / iPhone into the iLive via Dante. ie a virtual soundcard for your iDevice.

Technically it would work, its just a question on whether Audinate would allow it :)

Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

It’s almost unreal what you can do with networking, wireless etc. I’ve been looking at FPV and stumbled across a guy in New Zealand flying a big X8 wing doing telemetry with a phone and computer. Some really cool stuff. :)

Scott

iDR 32
    iDR D-Out
    MMO
    Lenova T61, M90, iPad2

Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

Ha ha, yes that would also be me :)
    Its what I like to do when I’m not gigging. Pushing the envelope with technology.

My real challenge will be getting a computer on my X8 to stream audio over a 3G wireless network using DANTE to a live concert below.

It has no practical application, but it has a geeky coolness to it that cannot be beaten.

Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by millst

Ha ha, yes that would also be me :)
    Its what I like to do when I’m not gigging. Pushing the envelope with technology.

My real challenge will be getting a computer on my X8 to stream audio over a 3G wireless network using DANTE to a live concert below.

It has no practical application, but it has a geeky coolness to it that cannot be beaten.

How about adding flyovers with that audio (rotocraft would be nice there) of the crowd broadcast directly to the IMAG screens? Other than the liability that would be a crowd pleaser. Too bad Dante doesn’t do video. Or let the crowd (selected or drawing winners) dial up the plane and pick a song to stream from a playlist?

Scott

iDR 32
    iDR D-Out
    MMO
    Lenova T61, M90, iPad2

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

For wireless audio streaming from my iPad I use an Apple Airport Express on my IDR6 mixrack and it works really well. It does the iLive wireless connection and I use a mini jack to twin XLR cable to patch audio from the AE output into the mixrack. Great for smaller gigs and has been very reliable with reasonable wireless coverage.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.