Firmware downgrade?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Firmware downgrade?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Heldar Heldar 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Heldar
    Heldar
    Participant

hej,

does anybody know if it is possible to to a firmware downgrade from 1.9 back to 1.83?

Heldar

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Yes but anything saved in 1.9 can’t be opened in earlier versions, and unless you have backed up earlier versions of the Mixpad app you cant restore that back.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of Heldar
    Heldar
    Participant

Ok. But i have another question also. Just to confirm, i have one mixrack+surface firm 1.9 and second mixrack+surface firm 1.83. Both mixracks have dante installed. I suppose it is still possible to make a digital mixrack split via two dantes??

H.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

quote:

Originally posted by Heldar

Just to confirm, i have one mixrack+surface firm 1.9 and second mixrack+surface firm 1.83. Both mixracks have dante installed. I suppose it is still possible to make a digital mixrack split via two dantes??

Yes, there’s no change to the M-Dante card in V1.9. Ultimately any Dante device can be connected regardless of firmware version.

Nicola
    A&H

Profile photo of Heldar
    Heldar
    Participant

thank you :)

Profile photo of Heldar
    Heldar
    Participant

hej guys,

i would appreciate for some help. I can’t seem to get to work foh/mon split via dante. I record via dante so i know how it works. Both dantes and my macbook pro are connected to trendnet teg-s5g gigabit switch. Everything is showing in dante controller. I named these two cards as idr10 and idr32. I want to set up idr10 and 144 surface as the master and it goes to FOH. Under mixrack audio sync i set its clock to internal and outputs port b:dante ch1 to mixrack inputs (exactly the same when i record). Then i set idr32 and t80 audio clock source to mix rack port b. I change ch1 preamp input to port b dante 1. Everything is green ticked on both ilives.
    Now on dante controller my idr10 clock status is set to master and preferred master + slave to external word clock are also ticked. Primary link speed for both cards show 1Gbps. But when i route idr10 ch1 to reciever idr32, although it turns green to indicate that a connection has been established, audio from idr10 ch1 to idr32 ch1 does not pass through??
    Help would be much obliged :)

Heldar

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Heldar,

I can’t spot anything wrong with your settings. Have you tried rebooting the MixRacks after setting the clock options in Dante Controller?

I would also try without the switch (direct connection Dante to Dante) – you can still plug your MacBook into the Control port on either side.

Are both cards working, bi-directionally, with the Dante Virtual Soundcard?

If none of these help, please visit our Support pages and contact Tech Support: https://www.allen-heath.com/uk/support/Pages/support.aspx

Nicola
    A&H

Profile photo of Heldar
    Heldar
    Participant

It works now, thanks

H.

quote:

Originally posted by nicola

Hi Heldar,

I can’t spot anything wrong with your settings. Have you tried rebooting the MixRacks after setting the clock options in Dante Controller?

I would also try without the switch (direct connection Dante to Dante) – you can still plug your MacBook into the Control port on either side.

Are both cards working, bi-directionally, with the Dante Virtual Soundcard?

If none of these help, please visit our Support pages and contact Tech Support: https://www.allen-heath.com/uk/support/Pages/support.aspx

Nicola
    A&H

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.