Relative tap delay linking.

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Relative tap delay linking.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of smorgan223 smorgan223 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Would it be posssible to link the left and right sides of the tap delay by a user defined multiplication factor?

This would let you have a softkey for the left tap tempo and have the right side automatically follow this at half, double etc tempo.

Chris

Profile photo of smorgan223
    smorgan223
    Participant

From just a couple of minutes in the iLive editor, it doesn’t seem like this is possible, and to be quite honest, I’m not sure of a situation where one would want to do this.

Of course the work around is to assign one user key to the left side and one to the right. Then just tap them separately and save that setting to a scene. Another way to do it is to link both sides of the delay, tap it out during rehearsal, then go back into the FX, unlink the two sides and adjust the right side manually until you have double the required amount. I would then save that to a scene that just scopes the FX change.

I know this seems like an arduous process, but I think it’s the only way to do it for now. This might be something for the iLive/GLD developers to look at possibly doing.

Scott

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

The reason I’d want to do it is that I almost always set one side of the delay to twice the time of the other, linking them by relative difference would allow one side to be tapped and have the other automatically set to a complemantary value.

It seems like a simple enough thing for a computer to do. eg R = L X (user defined number)

Chris

Profile photo of smorgan223
    smorgan223
    Participant

Yea, doesn’t seem like it would be a difficult thing to accomplish.

If any GLD developers are monitoring this post, this might be something to look at adding to the functionality of both the iLive an GLD.

Thanks,
    Scott Morgan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.