Trouble with Direct outs to Dante

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Trouble with Direct outs to Dante

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Geddy Geddy 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #23417
    Profile photo of Mikey

    We have just started playing with Dante and I’m running into some issues that I can’t figure out.

    Here are the specs.
    T-112, iDR64, Dante, firm 1.9, Reaper

    When I patch the mains (1,2) to Dante out I can get a signal level and record the tracks on Reaper. Needles to say that got me excited. Once I switched my patches around to be my input direct outs I was no longer able to see signal on my DAW.

    When I replaced the d.o.’s with the mains again I get signal. This is with no changes being made in Dante controller, just patches in the mixrack portB. While doing this experiment I was using mics that are connected to the surface, not the mixrack, but didn’t figure it would matter.

    Please help a newbie figure out where I’m going wrong.

    Profile photo of Geddy

    Hey Mikey,

    you have to distinguish between the transmitter / receiver matrix in Dante controller and the port B patching in iLive.
    For example: You have set up a full 64ch matrix in Dante with iLive as transmitter on all 64 channels to a PC as receiver and vice versa PC as transmitter on all 64 channels to iLive. Now you can patch any direct out or any output to one of the 64channels of iLive’s transceiver matrix. Same you can do with all iLive’s inputs from the iLive receiver matrix. If you do the same in your DAW with corresponding in/out it will work properly.

    A good overview to that topic is given in a couple of videos in the web:……0.0…1ac.

    Hope it helps.

    br Gunter

    G√ľnter Eisbach
    Darmstadt / Germany

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.