MixPad update

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of stepato stepato 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jazzg
    jazzg
    Participant

It would be nice to have in mixpad reverb decay settings!!
    Pls!

Profile photo of Geddy
    Geddy
    Participant

Mixpad should get complete FX-Rack access to use it as a real remote!
    Today I have to use a PC in addition accessed by Jump-App and TCP/IP-App for special features.

Günter Eisbach
    dL-Recording
    Darmstadt / Germany

Profile photo of Mikey
    Mikey
    Participant

If it were a “real” remote you could select channels to PAFL as well. I find it a little frustrating that I have to rely on the guy @ FOH to PFl the monitor to my IEM when I’m on stage working on IEM’s with the vocalists.

I’d love to be able to walk up the the LV and solo his mix in my ears as I’m adjusting it without the FOH guy having to keep an eye on me to see which person I’m mixing for at the moment.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Well… you can, actually- just use one pre fade aux, send all inputs to it and then just assing necessary channels to it. Not the straight way, but does the job.

ddff

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by ddff_lv

Well… you can, actually- just use one pre fade aux, send all inputs to it and then just assing necessary channels to it. Not the straight way, but does the job.

ddff

If he wants to assign mixes, it’ll be a matrix he has to use I suppose?

Wouter
    IDR32, R72, Dante, Mixpad
    laptop, TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Profile photo of dshriver
    dshriver
    Participant

There is a work around. Create a Matrix and set the output of the matrix to feed the engineer’s IEM. Assign all the artist auxes to that matrix. To hear an individual artist aux just pull down the faders for all the other ones in that matrix. Its not an elegant solution, and it doesn’t help at all with PFL for inputs. It is a workaround though for PFL on an aux.

-d

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Mixes already have PAFL, he needed to be able to monitor inputs if I got it right.

ddff

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by ddff_lv

Mixes already have PAFL, he needed to be able to monitor inputs if I got it right.

ddff

nope… “I’d love to be able to walk up the the LV and solo his mix

Wouter
    IDR32, R72, Dante, Mixpad
    laptop, TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

I was concentrated to: “If it were a “real” remote you could select channels to PAFL as well”

Soloing the mix isn’t a problem quite a long time now.

ddff

Profile photo of Detonator
    Detonator
    Participant

Mikey –

Get a 1/8″-3.4 mm headphone splitter, plug in your earbuds and listen. You’ll be onstage and get stage ambience with the exact mix, although possibly being filtered through different earbuds…
    PAFL not needed.

Tim Tyler
    Detonator Sound
    Richmond, Va USA
    T112/48 R72/32 laptop iPad Dir-815 Dante

Profile photo of stepato
    stepato
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Mikey

If it were a “real” remote you could select channels to PAFL as well. I find it a little frustrating that I have to rely on the guy @ FOH to PFl the monitor to my IEM when I’m on stage working on IEM’s with the vocalists.

I’d love to be able to walk up the the LV and solo his mix in my ears as I’m adjusting it without the FOH guy having to keep an eye on me to see which person I’m mixing for at the moment.

You can pfl any of the mixes just click on the GEQ tab
    And you’ll see the pfl button. Just not able to pfl input channels.

[:)]

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.