Dante card & 144 surface?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Dante card & 144 surface?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jens-Droessler Jens-Droessler 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Heldar
    Heldar
    Participant

Hej,

been trying to get Dante card working on 144 surface in slot A like the support info says, but it does not recognize the card. It works fine in mixrack slot B. Any ideas?

thanks,
    H.

Profile photo of Rexeltw
    Rexeltw
    Participant

Assuming you’ve got a DANTE card in port A of your mixrack you should be able to just connect and go. It won’t work in port B of the surface however…

Just remember kids no matter how good your mixing is you can’t polish a turd…

Profile photo of Heldar
    Heldar
    Participant

I know it won’t work in port B of the surface, but it should work in port A? It works fine in IDR10 mixrack ports A and B, however it’s not reconized in 144 surface port A

quote:

Originally posted by Rexeltw

Assuming you’ve got a DANTE card in port A of your mixrack you should be able to just connect and go. It won’t work in port B of the surface however…

Just remember kids no matter how good your mixing is you can’t polish a turd…

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Heldar,

This is a known issue. At present the iLive does not display any information about Dante cards fitted in Port A of a modular surface. However, rest assured that the card fully works.

Remember you have to set up the Dante network manually using Dante Controller. Channels 1-32 will need to be transmitted between each device for local I/O. Ch63-64 need to be routed from the MixRack to the Surface for PAFL. Ch64 from the Surface needs to be routed to Ch64 of the MixRack for talkback. The Dante card in the MixRack has to be set as the preferred master clock and ‘Slave to Ext Word Clock’ should be ticked.

This leaves you 30 spare channels for recording if you wish.

Hope this helps

Nicola
    A&H

Profile photo of Heldar
    Heldar
    Participant

Thanks nicola :)

quote:

Originally posted by nicola

Hi Heldar,

This is a known issue. At present the iLive does not display any information about Dante cards fitted in Port A of a modular surface. However, rest assured that the card fully works.

Remember you have to set up the Dante network manually using Dante Controller. Channels 1-32 will need to be transmitted between each device for local I/O. Ch63-64 need to be routed from the MixRack to the Surface for PAFL. Ch64 from the Surface needs to be routed to Ch64 of the MixRack for talkback. The Dante card in the MixRack has to be set as the preferred master clock and ‘Slave to Ext Word Clock’ should be ticked.

This leaves you 30 spare channels for recording if you wish.

Hope this helps

Nicola
    A&H

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

Just out of interest:
    So on a modular surface I can replace ACE with Dante? Does this work with fixed racks with Dante in port B, too? Also, do I need another network connection for controlling the mixrack from the surface? Can this be doen over the same ethernet cable as Dante is running on?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.