GLD-80 Soft keys

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions GLD-80 Soft keys

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jcarter jcarter 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rupertcr
    Rupertcr
    Participant

Problem with “softkey” “Scene recall”
    I save and scene, set softkey for scene recall.
    It seems to set ok but you can only use it once.
    You can select the softkey and is recall the scene but if you try to use the same softkey again at a later time it has lost its link.
    I saved the show to memory and recalled the show and it remembers the softkey but it only works once.
    Is any body having this problem is this a software bug?

Rupert

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

The logical reason is that if you recall the scene, the soft-key isn’t setup to recall that specific scene anymore. To verify, load the show, recall the scene with the soft-key and then go to the soft-key settings and see what is programmed under that specific soft-key. I bet is not “recall that specific scene” anymore.

Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16/xDR16/2ACEcards/IPad1
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Profile photo of gkhewitt
    gkhewitt
    Participant

If you are in scene A and recall via softkey to scene B, the softkey also needs to be configured and saved in scene B (softkeys are currently per-scene, there is not an option – yet! – to filter them).

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Yep, you’ve recalled a scene in which your softkey assignments aren’t the same as they were in the previous scene.

Can softkey assigns be scene safed?

Chris

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Chris93

Yep, you’ve recalled a scene in which your softkey assignments aren’t the same as they were in the previous scene.

Can softkey assigns be scene safed?

Chris

In practice it probably doesn’t matter. There’s no general “next scene in cue list” softkey function, only recall of a specific scene, at least as of v1.0.2 of the firmware.

It’s still possible, as I understand, to set up a show where you want to advance scenes via softkey. However, the “advance scene” softkey will be different in every scene…

-in scene #1 the “advance scene” softkey will recall scene #2
    -in scene #2 it has to recall scene #3
    -in scene #3 it will recall scene #4
    -etc.

Therefore, in any show using softkeys for advancing scenes you can’t scene safe them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.