How would I set up this routing?

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions How would I set up this routing?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of smorgan223 smorgan223 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of smorgan223
    smorgan223
    Participant

Regarding your talk-back Mic. If you need it for talking to your Overflow, then you could feed it to the Room Mic Group. You will also need to feed your Room Mic Group into the T-Loop and Overflow Matricies along with your LR Buss. This way they both get your main mix as well as the ambience from your room mic. In our main sanctuary we use a stereo pair of room mics for ambience for our video, CD, and Hearing Assistance, and these get mixed in with everything else.

There are several ways to go about the Overflow and T-Loop situation. You could set up the 25-44 channels to mix separate mixes for the hearing assistance and overflow rooms and send that mix to a Mono Aux or Mono Sub-Group then to the Overflow and T-Loop Matricies. This is just a suggestion. This means you can mix separately from your FOH mix with different channel processing.

Sorry about the rambling…Things just keep coming to me.

Scott

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

The T loop is mono and the overflow room is stereo, but a mono feed would be fine. I’ll feed this stereo though, because I need a stereo mix for the USB record. The T loop would probably need a different mix, I’m not sure what it’s like being in the room with the room mic in your ear. I’ll give it a mono mtx or one side of LR if we need more buses on a busy day.

I’m not actually sure if anyone even uses the loop system or of they just use their hearing aids as normal. I’ll have to try slowly fading up music in it during the service and see if anyone looks confused… [}:)]

For as often as I’ll actually need to send the talkback to the overflow room I could easily pop into the talkback assign page and toggle it on to that mtx. May as well set up a group though, I’ll have a spare (unless I want it for speech).

We don’t actually have a regular band yet, it’ll be whoever we can get from week to week for at least a few months then hopefully we can establish something more regular.

Hopefully we get someone with a keytar too [:p].

Am I right in saying that I can test these setups on the T80 in the editor as long as I leave 10 mix outs unused?

Thanks again,

Chris

Profile photo of smorgan223
    smorgan223
    Participant

You are right that you can use the T80 in the iLive editor. I would use the iDR-10 Mix Rack and throw 3 8-channel input cards and 2 8-channel output cards (realizing that you only have 12 of the 16 outputs available to you).

You will need to leave 12 Mix Outputs because the iLive has a total of 32, and the GLD only has 20 (both numbers include the LR stereo bus).

We used a keytar for David Crowder’s “Oh Happiness” which we havn’t done in a long time. Let me know if you have any more questions, and feel free to share your iLive Editor file with me at scott.morgan82@gmail.com.

Scott

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.