Is gld-80 worth it and friendly to new user

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Is gld-80 worth it and friendly to new user

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dave Dave 11 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jed
    Jed
    Participant

Hi all I’m just going to ask if the gld-80 is a good mixer to start with if you’re switching from an analog to a digital mixer.

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

Yes

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16/xDR16/2ACEcards/IPad1
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Profile photo of gkhewitt
    gkhewitt
    Participant

We have just replaced a 24ch analogue mixer with the GLD. Most of our users are volunteers who are decidedly non-technical and have all picked it up really quickly.

It is a powerful console and there is lots it can do over an above an analogue mixer. It is highly worth investing the time to learn what it can do and how best to set it up for your application.

Profile photo of Karl
    Karl
    Participant

What I have heard on youtube GLD is a great mixer and well worth the money but

I have been researching digital mixers with intention to buy and although I think this looks to be about the best mid price mixer I am stalling till January 2013 to make the right choice
    Allen & Heath is winning for me at the moment

Is it worth investing that little bit extra for an ilive system such as the R72 surface with a idr 16 or idr32 depending on needs
    As the R72 is about the same price as the GLD 80 the only difference in price is in the stagebox’s

GLD 80 ticks alot of boxes

Karl

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

Karl,
    I would not compare the GLD80 to a R72 ( I have one) rather to a ILIVET80.
    If i could choose i take a GLD80, more controls and faster show recall + more soft buttons.

Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16/xDR16/2ACEcards/IPad1
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Profile photo of gkhewitt
    gkhewitt
    Participant

In our application the GLD was actually the better choice, price aside.

We miss the functionality of the PL controller and the PC editor but the GLD has multiple audio racks by default (so can split locations).

For us, to accomplish the same setup with iLive would have been much more complicated

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

You can create user accounts and decide which functions each user has access to if you want to keep certain users away from certain buttons.

Chris

Profile photo of BobWitte
    BobWitte
    Participant

Add Dante and you have many possibilities for recording and/or routing audio to other devices.

Bob

Profile photo of Karl
    Karl
    Participant

Yes I agree more control was throwing me more to the GLD 80 than the R72
    I am actually considering going the full hog and buying iliveT80
    Its just such a massive decision

Karl

Profile photo of Jed
    Jed
    Participant

I have another question is the gld durable specially with its parts and the touch screen? Because the product is just new in the market.

Profile photo of JWA2
    JWA2
    Participant

I’m also a person searching for a new desk for the new year for our church, and also have the GLD as my preferred so far. However I repeat earlier posts about complete user manuals and software. I have been using these methods to get a better idea of functionalty and features of various desks, and would very much like to do the same with the GLD!

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

As regards durability…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzjYZwAFg2A

(not my video)

Chris

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by JWA2

I’m also a person searching for a new desk for the new year for our church, and also have the GLD as my preferred so far. However I repeat earlier posts about complete user manuals and software. I have been using these methods to get a better idea of functionalty and features of various desks, and would very much like to do the same with the GLD!

We went with GLD for our church. The manual has enough in it for users to get up to speed, and the GLD is very intuitive and user friendly anyways. I haven’t had any issues with software. 1.02 helped with some UI features for us.

GLD-80, AR2412, Peavey Versarray 112s 218 & CS Amps eh

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.