Mirrored Outputs of L/R

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Mirrored Outputs of L/R

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Acidpreacher Acidpreacher 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Acidpreacher
    Acidpreacher
    Participant

Hi – we play in venues where we sometimes use our own FOH kit but we are also asked to put our mix into the venues system so they can pipe it through the venue at a volume level they control…

What’s the most efficient way of setting up a couple of extra outputs (I have two spare) that mirror the L/R main mix but have an independent level control to the mix I am putting into my kit?

Basically I don’t want to do a separate mix but I do want to be able to give them more or less as needed….

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I’m pretty new to digital desks and possibilities.

Oh it is an IDR16 with iPad and MacBook editor running.

Thanks

Richard

Profile photo of vilddyr
    vilddyr
    Participant

Set up a stereo Matrix. (much like and aux send, but you can feed it from busses, and L+R)

Profile photo of guyharris
    guyharris
    Participant

Just be aware that your ‘copied’ mix into a stereo matrix will also have any EQing that you’ve carried out on your LR.

http://www.pianojam.nl

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Because of this I recommend to use matrix for PA instead of direct LR outputs, in case you have to give signal to recording or broadcast you can use another matrix and no PA equalization will be in that feed.

ddff

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

I always tend to feed from Matrices not L&R gets you over the same old same old, the videots turn up 5 minutes before the gig and do the can we have a feed etc. etc. so just program a couple of stereo and a couple of mono matrices and you are one step ahead.
    [8D]

Acidpreacher
    Participant

That’s great stuff. I set up the matrix for the “copy” and it worked great in test.

I subsequently saw the posts about EQ being “passed through”.

So is the recommendation to feed all of the cabs from Matrixes and then just select all of the channels I want “mirrored” to them?

So set up

Mono Matrix 1 = for Main Left
    Mono Matrix 2 = for Main Right
    Stereo Matrix 1 = for feed elsewhere

Am I understanding this correctly? Think I better try this in test mode first!!

Richard

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Yes, it’ll work fine. Just remember to use EQ on the matrix instead of main.

ddff

Acidpreacher
    Participant

Wish me luck – I’m going to try this tonight.

I have two stereo matrixes set up both fed with L/R mix… one will go to the in house PA and one to my PA…

Fingers crossed!

Thanks so much for the advice everyone.

Richard

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.