Breakoutbox with Dante

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Breakoutbox with Dante

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of woutert woutert 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of scruffyd
    scruffyd
    Participant

Does anybody know if there exists or are plans for a simple one unit box with a sensible amount of ins and outs like the GLD AR 84 has but with Dante connectivity. I so wish the GLD unit could be fitted with Dante.
    Perfect for thos situations where you need two ot three stereo pairs at FOH.

IDR32
    Dante card
    Macbook pro 17
    Ipad2 + mixpad
    Aiport express

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

Its called an IDR Expander

I can’t see why A&H would embrace Dante as a native protocol. ACE is far superior for what iLive does. Dante is a wonderful connectivity protocol between manufacturers, but I can’t see why A&H would ever chose Dante over ACE for their native links. They had the option and chose to create dsnake for GLD.

quote:

Originally posted by scruffyd

Does anybody know if there exists or are plans for a simple one unit box with a sensible amount of ins and outs like the GLD AR 84 has but with Dante connectivity. I so wish the GLD unit could be fitted with Dante.
    Perfect for thos situations where you need two ot three stereo pairs at FOH.

IDR32
    Dante card
    Macbook pro 17
    Ipad2 + mixpad
    Aiport express

iDR-48, T-112, Mixpad
    College

Profile photo of CMattE
    CMattE
    Participant

Look at the focusrite rednet boxes. They all use Dante. There are several others also. I just don’t remember who makes them.

T112/48, MacBook Pro, D-link DIR-815, iPad 1 w/mixpad, Dante card feeding a Mac Mini w/DVS.

scruffyd
    Participant

Thanks tk2k I know about IDR expander but I didn’t think it was controllable from ilive.I agree about ace but for numerous rack-only/editor operators it would be so sweet to have a one unit sized box with some extra balanced inputs for the av people with their laptops. Conference gigs are a typical example. Such a unit with Dante would make it possible to have everything running on a single cat cable. I have recently been touring with a silent movie show with a live band and biderectional Dante audio to and from laptop, editor, remote desktop for recording mac on stage all on one cable. No problems after 15 consecutive shows.

quote:

Reply from tk2k
    Its called an IDR Expander

I can’t see why A&H would embrace Dante as a native protocol. ACE is far superior for what iLive does. Dante is a wonderful connectivity protocol between manufacturers, but I can’t see why A&H would ever chose Dante over ACE for their native links. They had the option and chose to create dsnake for GLD.

The Rednet boxes are nice but they are two units, and they need breakout cables on DB25 plugs, which I find unpractical.

quote:

Reply from CMattE

Look at the focusrite rednet boxes. They all use Dante. There are several others also. I just don’t remember who makes them.

IDR32
    Dante card
    Macbook pro 17
    Ipad2 + mixpad
    Aiport express

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

If you needed just outs, there is something from XTA DCBoB8/16 https://www.audiocore.co.uk/pdfs/DC%20Breakouts%20%20prelim%20info%20jpg%20export.pdf

Another option with 32 I/O is from DAD – https://www.digitalaudio.dk/page1503.aspx , but you don’t want to know the price.

ddff

scruffyd
    Participant

I’m looking for ins :-)

Looks like AuviTran has the solution. Toolbox will soon be available with Dante. So that gives me One unit rack with dante and 8 balanced inputs.

Just have to see if the price is mad or just expensive :-p

IDR32
    Dante card
    Macbook pro 17
    Ipad2 + mixpad
    Aiport express

Profile photo of jimvoyager
    jimvoyager
    Participant

Yea I would find this concept very usefull too.
    A great thing to throw behind a drummer on stage or run out a lectern
    For an av presentation.

R72 & IDR32
    MacBook pro

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

I would honestly choose a iDR-16 fitted with a Dante card.
    This gives you the most flexible solution and it’s probably the best what money can get.

Wouter
    IDR32, R72, Dante, Mixpad
    laptop, TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.