iLive Firmware V1.9 and new “OneMix” app news!

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions iLive Firmware V1.9 and new “OneMix” app news!

This topic contains 76 replies, has 39 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ryanp ryanp 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of PeterM
    PeterM
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Mario Sigl

Hey Peter,

For the differences between the GEQ try:
    Help -> Help Content -> FX and Processing -> Graphic EQ.
    The Slope of the Multiband-Compressor can be changed between 6dB, 18 dB and 24 dB by pressing the Slope-Button in the upper right corner of the multiband-compressor-window.

By the way: The explanation of the Below-Threshold-Compression/Expansion in the link you posted is very good.

Cheers,

Mario

Thanks Mario,

…I was close …[:)]

BTW I love the screen display for the Dynamic EQ and Multiband. I had a couple of BSS901 in my analogue rack. They are a fantastic tool but I often had problems explaining how they work to people … but with iLive and UI you can see it … everyone will just love these.

Only 3 things to do now … less clunky scene management, a “POP” function on the SEL button for the DCA like the Midas, and the big one … give me a copy of the circuit diagram so I can work out a way to dim the EQ/Gate/Comp LEDs separately to channel strip display.

Peter

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

quote:

Originally posted by PeterM

Is there a link anywhere that explains what some of these new features do other than the release notes.

On November 20, we’ll offer an interactive webinar on V1.9.

There will be two sessions to suit different time zones:

Session 1: 10:00 GMT/London, 11:00 Amsterdam/Paris/Rome, 17:00 Bangkok, 19:00 Tokyo, 21:00 Sydney.
    Sign up for this session here: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/879160158

Session 2: 16:00 GMT/London, 17:00 Amsterdam/Paris/Rome, 08:00 US/Pacific, 10:00 US/Central, 11:00 US/Eastern
    Sign up for this session here: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/274775350

Nicola
    A&H

Profile photo of mdsaudio
    mdsaudio
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by PeterM

Only 3 things to do now … less clunky scene management, a “POP” function on the SEL button for the DCA like the Midas, and the big one … give me a copy of the circuit diagram so I can work out a way to dim the EQ/Gate/Comp LEDs separately to channel strip display.

Peter

Yes please, pop groups would be fantastic!!!

I totally agree, the leds on the modular surface are just waaaay to bright compared to the lcd’s. A hardware mod would be great to fix this. They are so bright as to make the lettering illegible. To dim them sufficiently makes the lcd’s disappear!
    Darren

Profile photo of ceejay
    ceejay
    Participant

[/quote]

Found it on the website…..firmware notes….

Multicast router capability no longer required: Wireless broadcast of iLive metering for MixPad and Editor no longer uses Multicast. This allows a greater choice of routers that should be able to work with iLive. The Multicast option on the iLive Surface has been removed.

Also in the editor notes….

Metering no longer multicast – Due to the inability of many routers to handle multicast correctly’, the broadcasting of iLive metering over the network has been changed and the multicast option removed.

Scott

iDR 32
    iDR D-Out
    MMO
    Lenova T61, M90, iPad2
    [/quote]

Thanks Scott. I was too eager to get the rig updated! [8D]

CRJ
    Oswego, IL

T112 & iDR48
    Sony F 1.73GHZ I7 8 Core
    Win 7 Pro 500GB HD 8G RAM
    TP-Link WR1043ND & Airport Express

Profile photo of jgrooms
    jgrooms
    Participant

Nice update but I’m confused on the multiband compressors.

How are you all going to use these? I was expecting these to be on the channels as a compressor “type” (like the new EQ’s) not an effect . I don’t buss inputs to a compressor like a reverb? Am I missing something?

Profile photo of AnnsAudio
    AnnsAudio
    Participant

Looking forward to the iLive Reference Guide – Part 2, Firmware v1.9

The lastest one available for download is v1.7 :(

Please….give us a manual~~

Peace! Always!

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

gentlemen,

first erperiences 1.9 so far
    the task: show of a band having pre tapped/tempoed delays on every song (hats /vocals)
    slim scenes about 25 of em containg
    fex 1 to 7,
    eq /comp on snare on 6 xhannels
    1-20 is foh,
    21 to 40 is monisplit,
    41 to 60 is a extra aux (called radio mix) for live 2 track recording /out e.t.c.

besides the mb comp on the radio out ,wich is really nice sounding (sorry old fart here:
    new device-mess around with it for a day therefore you know what…..)

there has been (i bet a lot) “background” cleaning…as the response is smoother (t80-idr 48 so far)

and the mix sel/pafl/scene recall, feature in the softknob secrion is great- no more bigtime layer switching……short vid soon

thanks guys

ps: eypad 1.9 installed did not change anything-just update….cool

cheers
    dave

allways latest firm and software
    iLive-144/t-80/idr-10 /idr-48/dante/pl-6/eyepad 1/belkin router/

Profile photo of guyharris
    guyharris
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by jgrooms

How are you all going to use these? I was expecting these to be on the channels as a compressor “type” (like the new EQ’s) not an effect . I don’t buss inputs to a compressor like a reverb? Am I missing something?

Hi!

You can use the multiband compressors as any other effect, as an insert on any given input channel. This uses up FX buses in your mixer configuration, so it doesn’t work the same way as the per-channel compressors / limiters, but it achieves the desired effect. How many multi-band compressors would you need?! We are using the new, fantastic multi-band compressors as a normal FX, as a ‘voice of god’ for the singers to talk to the audience between numbers, and it works GREAT! :-)

All the best!

http://www.pianojam.nl

Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Christopher Johnson

Thanks Scott. I was too eager to get the rig updated! [8D]

[/quote]

Yep…I did everything Wed night. Worked through everything with some music running and even let it go all night mostly for reassurance that it was stable. Have a show on it tonight.

The meters stay up now except for a brief period when I open something major in the editor which I can expect. Noticed the improvement scrolling in Mixpad, subtle but good. Liked what I heard in the multi band comp though that’s entirely new to me. Wish the PFL buttons were lockable somehow but that’s minor. There’s still things I’d like to see in Editor being that and mixpad are all I use, but lots of nice things that they’ve done in this release and a lot of work I’m sure. Kudos!!!

Profile photo of jgrooms
    jgrooms
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by guyharris

quote:

Originally posted by jgrooms

Hi!

You can use the multiband compressors as any other effect, as an insert on any given input channel. This uses up FX buses in your mixer configuration, so it doesn’t work the same way as the per-channel compressors / limiters, but it achieves the desired effect. How many multi-band compressors would you need?! We are using the new, fantastic multi-band compressors as a normal FX, as a ‘voice of god’ for the singers to talk to the audience between numbers, and it works GREAT! :-)

All the best!

http://www.pianojam.nl

Ahh, I see it now! Thanks, I was indeed missing something!

Profile photo of msmelser
    msmelser
    Participant

Does anybody know if there are plans to eventually add dual mixrack support to MixPad?

T112/Dual:iDR32-iDR48/Dante
    MacBook Pro/iDR16/Dante
    T112/iDR48/Dante
    T112/iDR32
    Mac Mini/Dante (Backing Tracks)
    Mac Pro/Dante (Multitracking)
    2 iPads w/ MixPad

Profile photo of AnnsAudio
    AnnsAudio
    Participant

“On November 20, we’ll offer an interactive webinar on V1.9.”

Will this webinar be recorded for later review? Thanks! Standing by now in the classroom…

Peace! Always!

Profile photo of jefsound
    jefsound
    Participant

Yes, they hope to have it posted by the end of the week.

Have fun,

Jeff

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

quote:

Originally posted by AnnsAudio

Will this webinar be recorded for later review? Thanks! Standing by now in the classroom…

Here you go:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLq3_zC_Xz0Pgs6fZEOg2Ul0LBlB-mUpfn

Nicola
    A&H

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

If we will use the onemix ipad application we gone have to have a solid Wifi solution.
    You can’t expect the musicians to reconnect all the time. Of course the ipads on stage will be closer to the router and have a better line off sight.
    There is no solution to connect a network directly to the ipad ( with docking connector/lightning) as AFAIK.

Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16/xDR16/2ACEcards/IPad1
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.