iLive Firmware V1.9 and new “OneMix” app news!

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions iLive Firmware V1.9 and new “OneMix” app news!

This topic contains 76 replies, has 39 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ryanp ryanp 11 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of kimaru
    kimaru
    Participant

so…its Nov. 5th in germany now. Any rumors about 1.9? Can we download it somewhere?? [:p]

somewhere over the rainbow ….

Profile photo of scratchedguitar
    scratchedguitar
    Participant

End of the working day in the UK :/

Any news?

FoH Sound Engineer Plymouth Students Union

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Note that the timeline for release is the week starting Nov 5th! So it could be any part of this week and even that is not a given as Allen & Heath have not provided an official release date. We just have to wait and see.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of CMattE
    CMattE
    Participant

I have the download page saved in my phone. I check it periodically to see if its been released. :)

T112/48, MacBook Pro, D-link DIR-815, iPad 1 w/mixpad, Dante card feeding a Mac Mini w/DVS.

Profile photo of Andy
    Andy
    Participant

Hey people … please calm down a little bit.

I’m looking forward to using the phantastic new features as everyone of you does. But I don’t think we could quicken anything with lots of postings.

I’d rather wait a few days longer and get a stable and good working firmware as I’m used to get from A&H, than getting maybe a beta release just because of the pressure of some users.

I’m sure, the people at A&H are working hard and try to release V 1.9 as soon as they can.

BTW … a quote from a posting I found at the Prosoundweb Live Audio Board: “…. It’s been almost a lynch mob at times on the forum waiting for the iLive 1.9 firmware upgrade….”

Thanks to A&H for a great mixing system and for the many additional features I got for free in the last 2 and a half years I’ve been using the iLive.

Greetings from Austria.

Andy

Profile photo of scratchedguitar
    scratchedguitar
    Participant

Haha not sure this counts as a lync mob!

I misunderstood the powerpoint, I thought Nov 5th was the release date.

Will sit tight

FoH Sound Engineer Plymouth Students Union

Profile photo of CMattE
    CMattE
    Participant

Oh and I’m def waiting patiently. No rush. Just excited and checking to see if its there. I’ll gladly wait until it’s ready for release.

T112/48, MacBook Pro, D-link DIR-815, iPad 1 w/mixpad, Dante card feeding a Mac Mini w/DVS.

Profile photo of timtrace
    timtrace
    Participant

With my day job in the healthcare software-as-a-service sector, I have major empathy for anyone who must commit to a release date.

A couple of notes, random order —

A&H absolutely cannot release an update that would put any portion of their their deployed fleet at risk. Nor should any of us want them to. Our reputations are at stake right alongside theirs.

Let the pre-release testers take their lumps in the silence of their NDAs. We members of the unwashed masses will be better off for it.

I also appreciate the many free updates and additional features that have been added to the iLive firmware since inauguration. I hope A&H can continue the tradition through 2.0 and beyond.

It is possible to restlessly wait for the release while being polite about it. I see a lot of that here. We are most definitely NOT a lynch mob. I am, however, hitting the refresh button on a browser window every couple of hours :)

Good day, madams and sirs :) :)

Profile photo of Rexeltw
    Rexeltw
    Participant

No hurry for me, until Audio-Technica can work out how much they are charging for the new DSP we are keeping all the kit as 1.83 (including the fixed formats). Can’t have half the boards on one firmware & half on another….

Just remember kids no matter how good your mixing is you can’t polish a turd…

Profile photo of kimaru
    kimaru
    Participant

Ah ok, I didn’t know that this is no official release date. So how do we know about this date? Who says that there will be a release?? [:)]

Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

I,ll probably wait till the apps up at Apple as well. Bucks has a post up about that for the modular owners, but it would apply to any of us that rely on an iPad and Tablet/laptop. I suppose you can roll back the firmware if something happens to the app but I’d rather not have to do that. I need to back up the app in iTunes as well. I’m still learning the apple way, and even more so now that our church has put two Macs in the booth at church for display and video. [:0]. So, who’s going to win the coveted title of spotting the download first? [:D]

Scott

iDR 32
    iDR D-Out
    MMO
    Lenova T61, M90, iPad2

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

I know – i know – be patient and so on…
    But everybody was talking about the new firmware released Nov. 5th.
    Not its Nov. 7th and nobody from A&H is telling anybody anything.
    A short statement would be nice if the release was changed to a later date – would be good just to know.
    Hard to wait for something that we all thought was there already and not to hear something different about whats going on.

Profile photo of dshriver
    dshriver
    Participant

We may be waiting on Apple not A&H. If I were A&H I would hold off on releasing 1.9 firmware until the new versions of the Mixpad and Tweak were ready to go on the App Store. Apple is notoriously slow about getting updates and patches up on the App Store. They also are typically very uncommunicative about release dates. So A&H may not even know when the new versions will be live.

-d

Shalin Liu Performance Center
    37 Main Street
    Rockport, MA 01966
    http://www.rockportmusic.org

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

Thats what i`m talking about.
    We all don`t know and have to guess whats up.

Profile photo of antonyja
    antonyja
    Participant

Hi Everyone,
    We are putting the final touches to the V1.9 software packages. My current best estimate for its availability would be Monday 12th. I’ll let you know if there is to be any delay to that schedule.

Antony Jackson
    Software Manager
    Allen & Heath Limited

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 77 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.