iLive Firmware V1.9 and new “OneMix” app news!

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions iLive Firmware V1.9 and new “OneMix” app news!

This topic contains 76 replies, has 39 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ryanp ryanp 11 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

iLive Firmware V 1.9 and “OneMix” app news here:https://www.dropbox.com/s/1r0kcefgzpvetuf/iLive%20V1.9%20distrib%20webinar.pptx?m

Hopefully the link above works! You will need powerpoint to open it.
    Vers 1.9 release date is planned for the 5th Nov

Whoo Hoo!!

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of jgrooms
    jgrooms
    Participant

Will there be new editor software for 1.9 (I am assuming so)?

If so, will there be a way to quickly switch the preamp inputs from the mixrack interal preamps to say the MADI inputs all at once? I have seen this is possible on a surface but I haven’t seen this in the editor software.

I currently have to manually change all my inputs back and forth to feed the console a multitrack recording.

Thanks.

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

Wow this is some pretty fantastic news!

I wish the IDR0 ran on something other than ethersound, but still this is excellent. love the multiple kids of GEQs, etc. Also the personal mix app is a great feature.

Sadly the nov 5th release date means I won’t be able to use it on the big act coming into town on the 7th.

iDR-48, T-112, Mixpad
    College

Profile photo of joefi
    joefi
    Participant

wow, thats fantastic news, i’m impressed

christmas starts very soon this year!

thanx A&H

best regards

joe

iDR32 + IPad1 + Laptop + R72
    *** less is more ***

Profile photo of timtrace
    timtrace
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Stix

Whoo Hoo!!

Yup, a really big “whoo hoo” for this: “Scene names and descriptions now stored in the Mix Rack for consistency across multipleusers / control options.” [^]

Can’t wait to play with the new FX! Something for me to learn! [^]

Diggin’ the new mix EQs! [^]

…still waiting for key listen on gates and comps in the Editor. [V]

Don’t want to be “Debbie Downer” though. Lots of good stuff here. [^][^][^]

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by jgrooms

Will there be new editor software for 1.9 (I am assuming so)?

If so, will there be a way to quickly switch the preamp inputs from the mixrack interal preamps to say the MADI inputs all at once? I have seen this is possible on a surface but I haven’t seen this in the editor software.

I currently have to manually change all my inputs back and forth to feed the console a multitrack recording.

Thanks.

Yes! New Editor will do this. Note that you can already quickly change input patching by saving your setup as a scene with just the patchbay settings stored. Scene A = normal inputs, Scene B = Madi (Dante etc) inputs. Hope that helps!

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

WOW,
    The new released mini ipad would be a killer with the new monitor self mix app.

Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16/xDR16/2ACEcards/IPad1
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

Great news cant wait….this is going to be very long 1 and a half week.
    One mix app tap delay….cool thanks for the efort guys!!!

cheers
    dave

allways latest firm and software
    iLive-144/t-80/idr-10 /idr-48/dante/pl-6/eyepad 1/belkin router/

Profile photo of dshriver
    dshriver
    Participant

There is definitely some cool stuff in 1.9. I see no mention of GEQ for IP channels though, only new GEQ types for mixes. I was really hoping for GEQ on IPs or an insertable GEQ. While I don’t use GEQ on an input I get a fair number of BEs here who really want them, and sometimes artists that want (or expect) them. Right now I have to route through a group to get a GEQ on an input. I can’t then send that group to an Aux or an FX which just complicates life. Speaking of which… I was really hoping to see the ability to send a bus to a bus. I want to be able to send a group to an FX without having to loop it back into the console with a patch cord (and using up another IP).

Still, I’m excited about the new features and I can’t wait to try them.

-d

Profile photo of avenueservices
    avenueservices
    Participant

Does anyone know then with the retro fit AES cards what they are priced at? The PowerPoint just states that they are shipped to existing customers… ?

Thanks and loving the look of the updates… Exciting times…

Avenue Services: Audio Visual Provision
    http://www.avenueservices.co.uk
    T112 & IDR-48 + IDR16 with M-Dante & ACE cards with iPhone and iPad software!

Profile photo of clarocque
    clarocque
    Participant

Does anyone know of an office v1.9 change list yet? I have not seen mention of the redundant port upgrade that was said to be in here for the M-DANTE card.

Profile photo of guyharris
    guyharris
    Participant

I am SOOOOOO impressed! :-)

This is really a great upgrade – A&H have put a lot of effort into this, and really listened to their customers.

http://www.pianojam.nl

Profile photo of jgrooms
    jgrooms
    Participant

quote:

Yes! New Editor will do this. Note that you can already quickly change input patching by saving your setup as a scene with just the patchbay settings stored. Scene A = normal inputs, Scene B = Madi (Dante etc) inputs. Hope that helps!

Great, thank you. I didn’t even think of making a scene. Duh. Thank you again.

Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

Please A&H. If you are reading this, don’t ever ever ever put GEQs on the inputs.
    It violates every concept of basic good audio.
    Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.

If you need to use a GEQ on an input and a 4 band parametric with adjustable Q is not fixing your problems then you should buy another desk because you are probably giving the iLives a bad name with your terrible mix.

Seriously, GEQ has and never will belong on inputs.
    These days it’s even becoming questionable on outputs.
    Learn how to use a parametric properly, it is infinitely more powerful and does far less damage to the sound.

Looking forward to the update!!!

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Oh Yeh Brother Millst, you hit the nail on the head I am with you all the way. Not used a graphic equaliser for 20 odd years, not likely to start now. [8D]
    Mr B.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.