How to Thwart Security Issue

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions How to Thwart Security Issue

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Elphie Elphie 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of AnnsAudio
    AnnsAudio
    Participant

Hello all, Newish engineer here also new to the iLive (T80). The Boss today requested I reset “ALL” codes (passwords, methinks), including the router code citing a potential security issue?

a) I don’t know what security issue he speaks of – human factor or server issue
    b) Worst case scenario, starting with the router, how do I reset the code/password and do I also need to reset all the user passwords? Are there other passwords I’m not aware of?
    c) Would appreciate an explanation of the breakdown of security levels within the iLive.

Thanks much!

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by AnnsAudio

Hello all, Newish engineer here also new to the iLive (T80). The Boss today requested I reset “ALL” codes (passwords, methinks), including the router code citing a potential security issue?

a) I don’t know what security issue he speaks of – human factor or server issue
    b) Worst case scenario, starting with the router, how do I reset the code/password and do I also need to reset all the user passwords? Are there other passwords I’m not aware of?
    c) Would appreciate an explanation of the breakdown of security levels within the iLive.

Thanks much!

You know, the way you wrote this, it sounds more like you are trying to break IN to a security system than to SECURE it….

For everything you’ve mentioned you will need the current username and password to change the usernames and passwords. With the iLive, if you forget a user password you basically have to reset internal jumpers to clear the user passwords.
    For the router, refer to the router’s manual.

In terms of general security policy, secure your wifi network with a strong password, since the iLive Editor software is freely available online. Change your router login and password to something other than ‘admin admin’.

Security for the ilive depends entirely on who is using it, and what the environment is. If it lives in a sound booth locked off from people during a show, there’s no security needed. If you mix in the seats, you should set a basic password so if you walk away you can lock the screen.

Lastly, your iLive should NOT be on a public facing network connected the internet, or an internal network, so ‘server issues’ doesn’t make any sense in this context?

Other than that, I really don’t understand your questions

iDR-48, T-112, Mixpad
    College

Profile photo of AnnsAudio
    AnnsAudio
    Participant

I don’t talk smartly because I’m new to iLive and networked digital surfaces, etc. I’ve been with the gig, training, for 3 weeks, and now, solo, for 5. But we all started somewhere, no?

I don’t honestly recall the server having a password, my Mac auto-logs-in when I got to work – so I’ll double check that first.

Basic user passwords (3 of us on the schedule) for surface lockdown are used, yes. We’re in an open venue – so I protect from random people compulsively fader-touching when I step away or walk the room.

I believe the server is stand-alone to the iLive. We cannot access the internet (facebook – ha) with it while hooked up to the iLive Editor.

Thanks for the response and patience :)

Peace! Always!

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by AnnsAudio

I don’t talk smartly because I’m new to iLive and networked digital surfaces, etc. I’ve been with the gig, training, for 3 weeks, and now, solo, for 5. But we all started somewhere, no?

I don’t honestly recall the server having a password, my Mac auto-logs-in when I got to work – so I’ll double check that first.

Basic user passwords (3 of us on the schedule) for surface lockdown are used, yes. We’re in an open venue – so I protect from random people compulsively fader-touching when I step away or walk the room.

I believe the server is stand-alone to the iLive. We cannot access the internet (facebook – ha) with it while hooked up to the iLive Editor.

Thanks for the response and patience :)

Peace! Always!

iLive’s password access/setting is located under the “utility/configuration/show manager”page. If you are the administrator or know who is then you can change these passwords….. If not I could send you the pdf instructions thru a pm.
    As for the server /router password, although your mac “auto connects” the ilive’s router may/should still be protected. If it’s not protected , then proceed with router’s manufacturer’s instructions to assign a wpa or wpa/wpa2 password. Usually you would connect through ethernet directly to the router and after logging in to the router change the basic password.

hope this helps

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

The questions are more network specific and not clearly related to iLive except the password….

A better approach would be to learn more about networking technology in general and audio networking in live sound envirenments.
    Good starting points are the sites from A&H dedicated to the iLive, Dante or Ethersound white papers, IETF papers and so on…
    There are many sources available…

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

https://www.allen-heath.com/UK/Products/Pages/CategoryDocument.aspx?CatId=iLiveSeries&SID=29
    Here is the link to all of the iLive manuals. They will have all the information you need about the iLive system security. Happy reading!

You could also do a search of the forums as the topic of resetting passords have come up a few times. [;)]

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of Elphie
    Elphie
    Participant

If you’re talking about your Mac connecting to the same wifi network your iLive is connected to, then this password can be found in your Keychain. Keychain Access is an app on your Mac, in the Utilities folder.

A wifi network is not a server. They are very different things. This is nothing to do with audio, that’s ICT. In the world of digital consoles, especially iLive, you’ll need to spend some time learning some basic ICT skills, like network troubleshooting. After all, it’s how your iLive talks to all its devices.

Honestly though, if your asking these questions, you shouldn’t be the one resetting anything. Not knowing what you’re doing is just as big a security risk.

As always, RTFM. Repeat as required.

Hope this helps,
    Michael

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.