Loud pop when recalling scene

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Loud pop when recalling scene

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of clarocque clarocque 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jdh28
    jdh28
    Participant

I used my new GLD-80 in anger for the first time today and overall it went really well.

The one problem I had was when recalling a scene, I experienced a loud pop in front of house. My theory is that the new scene had phantom power off on a number of channels and the old scene had them on or vice versa.

I wonder if A&H might consider making a change to the firmware to automatically mute channels during recall if phantom power is being changed as a result of a scene recall.

thanks,
    John

Profile photo of clarocque
    clarocque
    Participant

John I suspect this would slow down the recall as would require if/then statements.

Curious, what are you doing that requires changing phantom between scenes?

Profile photo of jdh28
    jdh28
    Participant

I’m setting up a system which may be used by users of our building. I’ve got a guest user that has a scene assigned that just enables a CD player and a couple of radio mics and has nothing else on the control surface.

That scene has been saved with no phantom power enabled on any channels, but there’s a good chance that any scene that is being overwritten when that one is recalled will have phantom power switched on on some channels.

Cheers,
    John

Profile photo of clarocque
    clarocque
    Participant

What about making an all mute scene and all unmute (or unmute as needed) you load first and after?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.