Clip indicators

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Clip indicators

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere Lieven-Dewispelaere 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cctrieloff
    cctrieloff
    Participant

It is tough in a live mix to find clipping channels. It is great that the bank light is flashed when a channel clips however if it is every so momentary it is very hard to locate channel that may clip in-frequently.

It would be great to be able to have an option where just the red clip LED on the channel strip stays illuminated for a period if the channel clips – a couple seconds would do. (This could be an on/off config item.)

This would enable you to change banks and still see which channel clipped. The issue is, I flip banks, it is not clipping then after a while of no clipping I need to flip banks again to mix and then when not on the bank – guess what — it clips again…

Carl.

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

If it is not clipping that often i don’t think you have a problem[:)]
    Could you not tell by the green level indicators if a channel is near clipping.
    Actually a red light doesn’t mean the signal is clipping digital. It is an near clip indicator.You still have some room left.

Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16/xDR16/2ACEcards/IPad1
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.