AES EBU send less volume in LR

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions AES EBU send less volume in LR

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of David J. David J. 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of David J.
    David J.
    Participant

I tried to put an apogee mini dac AES EBU digital output to convert digital to analog LR signal since I have used all the outputs of AR’s. My surprise was that the output signal is equivalent to -2.3 dB with respect to the analog output LR GLD. Later I experimented with a check for Finalizer96K and have the same problem. Why?

GLD-80

Profile photo of robc
    robc
    Participant

Hi
    GLD80 and AR analogue outputs are nominal +4dBu output level for 0dB on the meters.
    The apogee and Finalizer DAC output stages have user controllable gain on the outputs. So you would have to set these to +4 nominal out to compare exactly to the GLD and AR outputs.

hope this helps

RobC
    A&H

Profile photo of David J.
    David J.
    Participant

Not so, apogee has a nominal output of +4 to 0dB too. I use MACKIE TT24 and LS9 also, often work with apogee converters to master and have the same output than analog. Does it could review? The biggest problem is that you need more gain than necessary.

Thank you!

GLD-80
    AR2412
    AR84

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.