Future request or am I missing it?

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Future request or am I missing it?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Pit Lenz Pit Lenz 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of clarocque
    clarocque
    Participant

Spent the weekend playing with my GLD, Some things I like over iLive some things I wish it had.

Two things I wish it had or two things I can not seem to figure out. If it is me, someone please point me in the right direction…

1. An ability to clear all PAFLs

2. Option to assign one of the custom encoder buttons to the selected FX/AUX send. This would allow for a send on encoder option (dynamically).

Are either of these options already there?

T112, iDR48 w/M-DANTE, PL10, MixPad, Editor
    GLD-80 w/M-DANTE, GLD-AR2412, GLD-AR84 (2)
    MacBook Pro, Mac Mini
    Lion/Logic Pro/PT10
    All latest versions/firmware

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

I’m also playing with a GLD at the moment and you can assign the custom buttons 1 and 2 to be Aux sends (on rotary encoders) Setup>Control>Surface Prefs then set “Send Level” “Mono Aux” “1” or whatever you prefer. This is not dynamic however so you are limited to just two sends on rotary by this method.
    I also prefer the iLive sends on Rotary option for aux/Fx sends. Anyone know if that is possible on GLD? Seems silly if you cant do it. In combination with the quick keys (PFL/Mix/Sel Combo)you can fly around aux/fx sends on the iLive.
    I also cant find a PAFL all clear – best to leave additive mode off then you can just sel/deselect any PAFL to clear.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of clarocque
    clarocque
    Participant

Thanks for response Richard. I saw how to set up to 2 sends. I was hoping that there was something I was missing to set it to be dynamic.

Disable additive is an option (but I like it on). I realized there was no clear when I removed a channel that was PAFL’d from the strips. I dug it back out and undid but a clear would be nice…

T112, iDR48 w/M-DANTE, PL10, MixPad, Editor
    GLD-80 w/M-DANTE, GLD-AR2412, GLD-AR84 (2)
    MacBook Pro, Mac Mini
    Lion/Logic Pro/PT10
    All latest versions/firmware

Profile photo of Pit Lenz
    Pit Lenz
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by clarocque

Two things I wish it had or two things I can not seem to figure out. If it is me, someone please point me in the right direction…

1. An ability to clear all PAFLs

2. Option to assign one of the custom encoder buttons to the selected FX/AUX send. This would allow for a send on encoder option (dynamically).

#1:You can use a softkey for that.
    Set a key (position #10 is very convenient, cause its just above your right hand) to “Sel/Mix/PAFL/Combo”, choose Main(L/R) and Sel/Mix/PAFL from below.

If you click it, main mix is activated, selected and PFLd, if you click it again, Sel and PAFL are deactivated, but mix is still active for L/R.

This means: with a quick doubleclick you`ll get back home to your main mix from wherever you are, even if your main mix is buried somewhere, and disable all PFLs, if they´re visible or not.
    That makes a nice emergency exit….

#2: Yes, that would be nice…[:)]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.