Scenes and Permissions

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Scenes and Permissions

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of cctrieloff cctrieloff 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cctrieloff
    cctrieloff
    Participant

I’ve created a PA user with a stripped down config for someone to use a mic etc, if no one is around that knows how to run the system. Also created a default scene to strip the config down. This all works.

However, even with all the permissions are removed on the PA user, they can press the scenes button and recall other scenes. Even worse is that the PA user can save / delete other scenes and mess up the configurations — this basically means when you walk up to the desk you can’t trust the integrity of the config without reloading from a USB.

Is there a way to lock a user out of scenes manager?

thx
    Carl.

cctrieloff
    Participant

Wonders if I could create another Show, and then only have one scene in it for PA user. Then link this scene to the PA user. Will the desk select the cut down show based on the scene set as default for the user..? will need to try a few experiments.

Carl.

cctrieloff
    Participant

Nope, shows don’t help. scene always loads relative to the last show run and by ordinal number not by scene name.

Thus,

Can we get an enhancement request here. “To be able to disable scene manager & buttons to the right of touch scene in the permissions for a user. i.e. turn them selective off for a user.”

thx
    Carl.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.