FX1 won’t strip assign

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions FX1 won’t strip assign

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris93 Chris93 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Hello,

I have a strange issue with a GLD-80 where the FX1 send will not appear on any strip it is dragged and dropped onto. All other mixes/inputs/FX sends etc. behave as they should ie. appearing on the layer and fader they are assigned to, but FX1 seems to be shy. [:)]

Yes, Ive checked that I haven’t just given it a blank name and turned off it’s LCD because it appears in strip assign on the screen labelled as FX1 and in blue. Freeze in layers isn’t on.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? DO ilives ever do this?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

check that FX1 send is set as the source of the first effect engine (FX screen, back panel). If anything else is assigned to the effect, such as an Aux send, then the dedicated FX1 send is made inactive and automatically disappears from the surface.

Hope this helps,

Nicola
    A&H

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Thanks Nicola, I’ll not be able to check for a few days but that sounds like the issue. [:)]

Would it be an idea to grey out the FX1 send in the strip assign window when it is not active or would this cause other problems?

Chris

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.