Mix Groups

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of corporateav corporateav 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of corporateav
    corporateav
    Participant

Hi,

I need to use 6 mix groups each with a graphic across it and then i need the mix groups to send to the master LR.
    How can i make a template to get this to work?
    Unless of course you can put a graphic across the DCA’s??

Please help…. currently i need graphics across my more sensitive microphones, but the gld-80 will only give me a PEQ.

Whats the point of all the processing power if it won’t let you use it?

Please help.

Thanks,

Dave

corporateav
    Participant

Hi, Quick update… i got part way there… found under setup… the strip assign drag and drop area… now i know i’ll never forget :D
    The only thing is i can’t figure out how to send the groups to the master.

The whole idea here is to have a graphic across a number or groups (6 mics each).

Is there any other way?

If you could put a graphic on each channel i could just copy and paste? I that a waste of processing?
    Will this be possible in future updates?

Thanks,

Dave

corporateav
    Participant

Right… Figured out how to assign the inputs to the groups and then how to assign the groups to the master LR and then unassigned each channel from the master LR…
    All working now…

Just wish the manual was better, but in the end i worked it out after banging my head a bit!

I’ll leave this post up incase it helps anyone else.

Dave

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

You know you can narrow the bands on the parametric right? You can do it by pressing in and turning the frequency sweep knob, or by changing the value on the touchscreen (can’t remember if it’s labelled as bandwidth or as Q). Obviously if you use the parametric bands for feedback reduction you’ll not have much control left of the overall sound of the mic so you may still want to use groups for the extra set of processing.

Chris

corporateav
    Participant

Thanks Chris, but as you mention at the end of your comment you lose tonal control… besides that using the parametric as a notch filter is rarely enough on our lectern mics… we always need a graphic.
    Thanks though.

On a side note… at the minute i’m loving this desk… and i’m hopeful for some good firmware upgrades when they come… but happy at the minute.

:D

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.