Insert on master

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Insert on master

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of David J. David J. 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of David J.
    David J.
    Participant

A new sound engineer should use our GLD has asked me to insert a outboard compressor on the fader master LR. Is possible to do that on the surface? or I’ll have to pull a cable from FOH to analog speakers? I wish possible.

Thanks

GLD-80

Profile photo of Leon BigEars A&H
    Leon BigEars A&H

You can do this on the processing screen: select Main L-R, touch the INSERT tab, and set up the send / return on the surface XLRs IN/OUT x2, and press apply. the outboard compressor can be bypassed if you need to on the INSERT section of the LR mix on screen.

please do not adjust your set; normal service will be resumed as soon as possible!

Profile photo of rorikx
    rorikx
    Participant
    David J.
    Participant

Thank you, very nice. Tomorrow I’ll try. I guess the return channel gains are useless, the inputs aren’t still mic preamps. Is that so?

GLD-80

Profile photo of Leon BigEars A&H
    Leon BigEars A&H

The ‘return’ path is not an input channel – the XLR socket simply gets used as an insert return via patch-bay to the main L-R. no preamp gain controls!.
    you do have a widget to change operating level between +4dBU and -10dBV.

please do not adjust your set; normal service will be resumed as soon as possible!

David J.
    Participant

It worked perfect. But is it normal a hiss noise when I set the mix buss insert? I experienced this, and not the fault of the Outboard, I tried without plugging. What is your experience?
    Regards!

GLD-80

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.