Infra sub fx mutes

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Infra sub fx mutes

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jens-Droessler Jens-Droessler 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mattias-Andersson
    Mattias-Andersson
    Participant

Please help me solve the unwanted fx mute.
    I use the infra fx for kick, when i mute the kick ch it´s all silent, then I unmute the ch and the kick without fx sounds… I start to mute/unmute several times and suddenly the fx start sound again. very annoying.

I use the ILIVE R72 + IDR-32

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

It’s not realy clear to me what your problem is. Can you explain it more detailed, please?

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

Profile photo of chasecaleb
    chasecaleb
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by steffenromeiss

It’s not realy clear to me what your problem is. Can you explain it more detailed, please?

SRV-AVB

I believe what he’s saying is that the fx send (in this case, kick to sub harmonics) isn’t following the kick channel’s mute properly.

As to a solution, that sounds like some sort of glitch to me. Have you tried restarting both your surface and mix rack? Is the firmware up to date? Created a new show from scratch to see if it still happens? I would call the iLive support number, which is here: https://www.allen-heath.com/UK/Support/Pages/iliveSupport.aspx?CatId=iLiveSeries&SID=34. Fair warning though, if you try the USA number for Ryan Landry, he is out of the office until tomorrow (Tuesday) at 11 AM Eastern.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

@chasecaleb
    he is from Sweden… I guess he will call UK before US or get in contact with national support…

SRV-AVB

Profile photo of chasecaleb
    chasecaleb
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by steffenromeiss

@chasecaleb
    he is from Sweden… I guess he will call UK before US or get in contact with national support…

SRV-AVB

Oops. Literacy fail :) Anyways… definitely call one of the tech support numbers from that link (there’s European one as well) or whatever local distributor you may have. It shouldn’t be doing that, and I’ve never had that pop up with any FX sends that I use.

Profile photo of Mattias-Andersson
    Mattias-Andersson
    Participant

Thanks for your replys

I have now restart the surface and mix rack, Firmware 1.83

The unwanted fx mute is not solved, I noticed additional problems instead :(
    Once the kick and sub-fx sound I move over to the bassgit. The bass and kick use the same sub-fx. The bass sub-fx does not work… I mute/unmute the bass ch. until the sub-fx sound togheter with the bass. Now it all seems good, but… the problem is that the kick sub-fx stoped working while I was working with the bass…

Ooops, what is happening right now???
    While I writing this letter I notised that the sub-fx turned off by itself… (3 min later) ok, there it is, its back again… (2 min later) No, now its gone.

Is this sub-fx a free trial or what? [:D]
    It is a timer on it!!! [}:)]

Allen & Heath ILIVE R72,IDR-32, wl by Cisco.

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

This sounds like an Problem – get your IDR and Surface to an authorized service point.
    This is shurely not an normal behavior.

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

As far as I know the sub FX only uses the lowest frequency it gets on the input for its processing. So routing bassdrum and bass to it won’t work that well. If the bass plays lower notes than the content of the bassdrum, the bass will be processed, if the bass is above the bassdrum, the bassdrum will be processed. That’s at least my experience with this effect. This is not an octaver!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.