GLD error logging

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions GLD error logging

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of TJCornish TJCornish 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mikemaly
    mikemaly
    Participant

Hello, dealer for Allen & Heath in the USA here. I have recently installed a GLD system into a church and a few problems have come up. Installed system is currently a GLD80 surface, AR2412 stage box, and a AR84 expander (currently on back order). CAT5E cable run is about 130′ of Beldin foil shielded twisted pair, heavy duty stuff.

First problem encountered: after the system was powered on for a while, connected stage inputs started to clip for a second. It was random and no real pattern to the inputs that were clipping, and it was audible. Mind you that nothing was plugged into the stage box inputs that were connected to the stage box. I replaced both RJ45 ends and we let the system run all night (Friday overnight) and Saturday morning, everything seemed normall. I’d love to say it was a mistake with my RJ45 end, but has this problem occured before or been reported? Customer is curious about this.

Second problem: I’ve been noticing that every time the system starts up, the event logger shows that it has found the MAC address for the stage box, then it logs that it lost audio sync immediately after. I never get a log showing it re-synced. In the home screen, it shows a green check mark next to the AR2412 and my lock light on the back of the console shows steady. Is this normal?

Thank you for you help.

-Mike Maly
    Rieman Music
    Urbandale, IA 50322

Profile photo of Leon BigEars A&H
    Leon BigEars A&H

Doesnt look like Belden is on the current list of tested / approved cables on the A&H site:
    https://www.allen-heath.com/UK/Products/Pages/SubLinkDetails.aspx?CatId=GLDSeries&SID=46
    Maybe worth trying the system with a known spec cat5, and see how it performs, then open an enquiry with US tech-support.

please do not adjust your set; normal service will be resumed as soon as possible!

Profile photo of mikemaly
    mikemaly
    Participant

Thank you for your input. I’ve considered the cable, but I have installed other iLive systems with this cable and haven’t had any issues with it, again, thanks for the input.

quote:

Originally posted by Leon BigEars

Doesnt look like Belden is on the current list of tested / approved cables on the A&H site:
    https://www.allen-heath.com/UK/Products/Pages/SubLinkDetails.aspx?CatId=GLDSeries&SID=46
    Maybe worth trying the system with a known spec cat5, and see how it performs, then open an enquiry with US tech-support.

please do not adjust your set; normal service will be resumed as soon as possible!

-Mike Maly
    Rieman Music
    Urbandale, IA 50322

Profile photo of TJCornish
    TJCornish
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by mikemaly

Hello, dealer for Allen & Heath in the USA here. I have recently installed a GLD system into a church and a few problems have come up. Installed system is currently a GLD80 surface, AR2412 stage box, and a AR84 expander (currently on back order). CAT5E cable run is about 130′ of Beldin foil shielded twisted pair, heavy duty stuff.

First problem encountered: after the system was powered on for a while, connected stage inputs started to clip for a second. It was random and no real pattern to the inputs that were clipping, and it was audible. Mind you that nothing was plugged into the stage box inputs that were connected to the stage box. I replaced both RJ45 ends and we let the system run all night (Friday overnight) and Saturday morning, everything seemed normall. I’d love to say it was a mistake with my RJ45 end, but has this problem occured before or been reported? Customer is curious about this.

Second problem: I’ve been noticing that every time the system starts up, the event logger shows that it has found the MAC address for the stage box, then it logs that it lost audio sync immediately after. I never get a log showing it re-synced. In the home screen, it shows a green check mark next to the AR2412 and my lock light on the back of the console shows steady. Is this normal?

Thank you for you help.

-Mike Maly
    Rieman Music
    Urbandale, IA 50322

I’m reasonably confident that if you get the green check and it stays that way, You’re OK. My GLD is on the road at the moment, but will try to check this when it comes back.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.