Port B Inputs in Dual-Rack Mode?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Port B Inputs in Dual-Rack Mode?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freemoid924
    freemoid924
    Participant

Hello All,

Question on dual-rack setup. I know I can route 64 channels through ACE to Port-B to the slave mixrack. Is it possible to use Port-B of the slave mixrack to receive inputs and use the slave dsp to handle said inputs?

Current setup is idr48 and t112.

Looking at getting an idr32 and receiving inputs from a Dante card. Just want to know if it’s even possible.

Thanks!

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

This isn’t really dual rack setup as you will not have access to other mixrack from surface. As I understand it’s more digital split you’re looking for. In this case yes- you can send 64 channels over Dante to second mixrack and vice versa.

If you’re looking for method to extend existing system by having more channels, then dual rack setup has to be done with ACE card in port B on master mixrack.

ddff

freemoid924
    Participant

I am looking to expand my current set up with a dual-rack setup.

ACE would be in port b of the master. Dante would in port b of the slave.

Would i be able to receive inputs from something like a digital split through Dante if the card is in port b of the slave or am I only limited to outputs for that card in this particular setup?

Thanks!

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by freemoid924

I am looking to expand my current set up with a dual-rack setup.

ACE would be in port b of the master. Dante would in port b of the slave.

Would i be able to receive inputs from something like a digital split through Dante if the card is in port b of the slave or am I only limited to outputs for that card in this particular setup?

You should be able to access inputs from dante as well. Maybe there are restrictions in the channel count for the inputs.

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi freemoid924

Yes this is possible with Dante fitted to Port B of the Slave MixRack, you will be able to access all 64 Dante channels. The simplest way is to use input channels 65 to 128, input source: Slave rack Port B.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of msmelser
    msmelser
    Participant

Just thought I would third this. What you are describing is our current setup. For FOH we have an iDR32 master with ACE in port B and iDR48 slave with Dante in port B. Dante gives us a monitor and broadcast split. Dual mix rack adds a couple layers of complexity to the signal routing, but the extra channel count is worth it. As stealth said, using the slave (65-128) for inputs you need to split is definitely simpler.

T112/Dual:iDR32-iDR48/Dante
    MacBook Pro/iDR16/Dante
    T112/iDR48/Dante
    T112/iDR32
    Mac Mini/Dante (Backing Tracks)
    Mac Pro/Dante (Multitracking)
    2 iPads w/ MixPad

freemoid924
    Participant

Well, that is awesome! Thanks for the info. I was staring at the documents and couldn’t see inputs on port b for the slave rack.

Would I be able to use ACE for this same application?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by freemoid924

Well, that is awesome! Thanks for the info. I was staring at the documents and couldn’t see inputs on port b for the slave rack.

Would I be able to use ACE for this same application?

Yes and no…
    ACE will give you the same inputs and outputs as DANTE but it does not exist any third party device for ACE. You can only use xDR-16 and other mixracks with it.

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.