Cold tolerance

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Cold tolerance

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mr-B Mr-B 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

Hi guys
    Got a t112 and idr 48. Wearein Wisconsin so sometimes we get outdoor shows that go into the evening in the fall. Last night I was about one or two degrees above the blue line for psu and CPU. How concerned should I be about the low end of the scale? If we hit the bottom temp am I in danger of damaging things?

iDR-48, T-112, Mixpad
    College

Profile photo of ceejay
    ceejay
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by tk2k

Hi guys
    Got a t112 and idr 48. Wearein Wisconsin so sometimes we get outdoor shows that go into the evening in the fall. Last night I was about one or two degrees above the blue line for psu and CPU. How concerned should I be about the low end of the scale? If we hit the bottom temp am I in danger of damaging things?

iDR-48, T-112, Mixpad
    College

I have done shows in WI and IL when the temp was 30-32. I was certainly shivering about that and being in the cold. iDR48 kept my hands warm. Same setup here. Didn’t have any problems.

CRJ
    Oswego, IL

T112 & iDR48
    Sony F 1.73GHZ I7 8 Core
    Win 7 Pro 500GB HD 8G RAM
    TP-Link WR1043ND & Airport Express

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

I was just going by what the built-in temp displays showed, since there’s that ‘lower bound’ blue tick as well as the overheating red tick.

Good to know it can handle lower than that though

iDR-48, T-112, Mixpad
    College

Profile photo of chasecaleb
    chasecaleb
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by tk2k

I was just going by what the built-in temp displays showed, since there’s that ‘lower bound’ blue tick as well as the overheating red tick.

Good to know it can handle lower than that though

iDR-48, T-112, Mixpad
    College

I think you’re talking about the ones that log the min/max that the system has been at, min/max of safe operating range. You’ll notice there’s a reset button somewhere around there that will change them. Also, they’re solid state electronics with no batteries… they should be able to go a lot lower than you can stand, I would imagine.

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

If I remember correctly there is a lower limit that if the equipment was stored over night in a very cold truck then the system will not operate until the temperature has risen, this is to prevent condensation forming and causing short circuits and subsequent damage.
    The system when running generates enough heat to be no bother in the cold, I have run iDR10’s and 112 surfaces outdoors in November in the UK at -1 or 2 degrees Celsius, it is a far bigger problem keeping them cool in the summer I would have thought, not for the UK of course but places where the climate is a little more toasty, Though I have seen internal temperatures make it to 45-46 degree’s even in the UK the boards still functioned correctly,I do fit extra fans to the rack in which the iDR10 UPS and Fibre Switch are housed, just in case we ever get any warm weather, global warming etc.[:D]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.