GLD and Dante

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions GLD and Dante

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #23323
    Profile photo of fishging
    fishging
    Participant

    I have just started looking at the GLD-80 and really like the capability of this console. I’ve got a couple of questions, mainly about practical application of the Dante card.

    Here’s a possible scenario:
    GLD-80 with a Dante card at FOH. From that card, could we connect another GLD-80 with a Dante card at side stage to run musician monitors? And in that same setup, capture multi-track recording to a laptop connected to the same network? My confusion comes in when looking at the ACE card. Do you have to use an ACE card to connect two A&H consoles together?

    A second scenario:
    GLD-80 with a Dante card at FOH. A Yamaha O1V96 with the available 16 channel Dante card at side stage. Could this work as a musician monitor solution? Would I be able to choose which 16 channels the Yamaha uses as inputs? Could some of the DCAs or matrix as inputs on the Yamaha through the Dante card?

    I know this is not a Dante or Yamaha board, but was wondering if anyone has experience with a similar setup.

    Thanks in advance.

    #31548
    Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

    quote:


    Originally posted by fishging

    Here’s a possible scenario:
    GLD-80 with a Dante card at FOH. From that card, could we connect another GLD-80 with a Dante card at side stage to run musician monitors? And in that same setup, capture multi-track recording to a laptop connected to the same network? My confusion comes in when looking at the ACE card. Do you have to use an ACE card to connect two A&H consoles together?


    Yes you can. To link two GLD (or iLive) you can use a variety of formats: ACE, Dante, MADI or Ethersound. ACE is the most cost-effective and easy to use (no software / computer control needed), but if you also need multitrack recording/playback then go for Dante.

    You can connect 2x GLD-80 directly using a Cat5e cable, or use a standard Gigabit switch in between and therefore connect your computer as well. The network routing (which channels go where) and clock settings are configured using Dante Controller on your computer. Have a look at the M-Dante product page on our website for further info.

    quote:


    Originally posted by fishging

    A second scenario:
    GLD-80 with a Dante card at FOH. A Yamaha O1V96 with the available 16 channel Dante card at side stage. Could this work as a musician monitor solution? Would I be able to choose which 16 channels the Yamaha uses as inputs?


    This is possible as well. Using the i/o patchbay in GLD and the routing matrix in Dante Controller, you can send any channel from one system to the other. This is valid for any Dante-enabled device including mixing consoles, amplifiers, loudspeaker controllers etc.

    I hope this helps,

    Nicola
    A&H

    #31551
    Profile photo of fishging
    fishging
    Participant

    Excellent! This helps a ton.

    Thanks for the quick response.

    #31556
    Profile photo of clarocque
    clarocque
    Participant

    The DANTE controller is amazing when it comes to routing things around. I have been able to do DAW tests by simply routing like L/R from iPOD to all 64 channels on multiple computers . very handy tool.

    T112, iDR48, M-DANTE, PL10, MixPad, Editor
    MacBook Pro, Mac Mini
    Lion/Logic Pro/PT10
    All latest versions/firmware

    #31619
    Profile photo of Silvermake
    Silvermake
    Participant

    Sorry, I borrow this topic a little. ;)

    Must ask… I try to buy Dante card from our local dealer. Now I have already been waiting about 7 weeks and still waiting. What is the problem that A&H can’t deliver those cards to dealers?

    Thanks in advance.

    GLD + AR2412

    #31631
    Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

    quote:


    Originally posted by Silvermake

    I try to buy Dante card from our local dealer. Now I have already been waiting about 7 weeks and still waiting. What is the problem that A&H can’t deliver those cards to dealers?


    Hi Silvermake, I’m sorry to hear you had to wait that long.
    We’ve just received a batch of Brooklyn modules from Audinate. These modules form the core of the Dante card. We will start shipping back orders today to our distributors.

    Nicola
    A&H

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.