Assign fx to group

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Assign fx to group

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mr-B Mr-B 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Benno
    Benno
    Participant

Im having trouble assigning fx to the groups (sub groups). Is this possible to do? I mainly do this with vocal delays to give the fx a bit more presence.

Profile photo of byondo
    byondo
    Participant

if I understand you well, you want to drive an efx with a group output, right? You simply cannot do it, and I don’t understand why…
    in other words, you can send a group to auxes, but not to an efx.
    please A&H staff, clarify this thing!

Regards
    Massimo

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

If you need a group to feed an effect, you can set an Aux as the source of the effect (back panel) instead of the dedicated FX send. Thus you can send the Group to say Aux 1 which feeds the desired effect engine.

Hope this helps

Nicola

Profile photo of byondo
    byondo
    Participant

Thanks Nicola, but it’s just a workaround (what if my project has no available auxes?). It’s so clear and simple, that it seems a forgotten feature… or not?

Regards
    Massimo

Profile photo of Benno
    Benno
    Participant

Ok for example, on a presonus studio live you have to assign your effects to the mains and you can also assign it to your sub groups, so if I have vocals going to subgroup 1 and 2 you can assign the fx to these sub groups as well and it makes the fx more prominent when using delays

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Surely is this not just adding the FX returns twice? Just turn up the FX return level or am I being thick, which is quite possible I am getting very old I do remember WEM Columns thanks Leon.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.