R72 connection help

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions R72 connection help

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of skyaudio skyaudio 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of skyaudio
    skyaudio
    Participant

I powered up my new system for the first time today and was having no luck getting the editor software to connect. I changed the DCHP settings to “on” and of course had no success. After changing the system back to the factory defaults and disabling the DCHP, I cannot get the surface to reconnect. I have a functional iDR48 and touchscreen but cannot get the surface to connect. All IP addresses are set to match those recommended by the factory. Please help.

Mark W. Clifford

skyaudio
    Participant

It will help to know that I’m using an R72 surface.

Mark W. Clifford

Profile photo of dnxmirrorsounds
    dnxmirrorsounds
    Participant

Probably an obvious one but its got me before: check that the link from the MixRack to the surface is connected from ACE to ACE and not into the Network port.

Duncan Whitcombe
    @Dnxmirrorsounds
    Mirror Sounds & metrochurch
    Perth, Australia
    T112, iDR48x2
    http://www.mirrorsounds.com.au
    http://www.metrochurch.org.au

skyaudio
    Participant

I’m using the proper connections and have tried 3 different CAT5 cables. My event log in Editor says it can’t find the R72 and that the surface has no valid IP address. I’ve manually reset the surface IP address on the touchscreen to 192.168.1.2 and reset the iDR48 to factory defaults but to no avail. I must be missing something very elementary. Neither the iLive editor or the touchscreen will connect to the R72 surface.

Mark W. Clifford

skyaudio
    Participant

I just found the network reset button on the surface. I hadn’t known it was there. Problem solved.

Mark W. Clifford

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.