Ilive editor for Android and win phone

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Ilive editor for Android and win phone

This topic contains 19 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of millst millst 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by davidgiga

Hi,
    For the last several weeks I tried to reverse engineer the ACE network protocol in order to write an remote app for Android / WP8 but it’s way more complex than I originaly thought (especially cause I don’t have access to an iLive system)

Why can’t A&H just release a protocol documentation like https://www.behringer.com/assets/X32_OSC_Remote_Protocol_v1.01.pdf Behringer did?

Ummm, can I just say again – Behringer? Of course they’re releasing their protocols… they’re hoping someone can write one for them that’s better than their own ;)
    Leave the iLive apps where they are – I have a first generation iPad which still runs MixPad flawlessly (as well as an iPad mini) & Apple seriously isn’t that horrible – build a bridge folks & get over it.

Adam Biggs
    T112 surface & iDR48
    T80 surface & iDR48
    MixPad for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Mac Mini Server w/Mountain Lion

with Belkin PlayMax N600 HD router
    Dante card tracking into Reaper with playback via FooBar (PC) or Presonus Capture/Studio One (Mac)

Find me on Facebook – http://www.fb.com/BiggsoundsProductions

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

quote:

they’re hoping someone can write one for them that’s better than their own ;)

I doubt it, their software is already quite good and stable.

Anyway, an protocol documentation would be awesome.

Profile photo of W Russell
    W Russell
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by papromike

it would be cool, BUT the problem with Windows and android devices is there are 100s of different screen sizes, processor speeds and resolutions. That is the barely any mfrs are supporting the devices.

This excuse is getting a little old yet it continues to be used. It might be valid if not for this:

https://developer.android.com/guide/practices/screens_support.html

“Android runs on a variety of devices that offer different screen sizes and densities. For applications, the Android system provides a consistent development environment across devices and handles most of the work to adjust each application’s user interface to the screen on which it is displayed.”

Of course, it could be that A&H doesn’t want to upset the lawsuit happy iNation who may think they own the name to all things “i”.

Wade
    iDR 48 T112 Dante

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by davidgiga

Hi,
    For the last several weeks I tried to reverse engineer the ACE network protocol in order to write an remote app for Android / WP8 but it’s way more complex than I originaly thought (especially cause I don’t have access to an iLive system)

Why can’t A&H just release a protocol documentation like https://www.behringer.com/assets/X32_OSC_Remote_Protocol_v1.01.pdf Behringer did?

What you are really asking for here is for A&H to directly (and fully) support OSC (Open Sound Control) protocol and I think that would be an interesting and potentially progressive move for them. With the iLive mixracks A&H have one of the best hardware setups ready and waiting for custom control capability. Although we can already use TCP/IP and Midi for control (these documents are available for download) these formats are severely limited in what can be achieved due to the limited control parameters supported. Of course we have Editor for total control and that is great (and free!) but offers virtually no end user customisation.
    Take this for example: Imagine if the iLive had complete OSC support – and you have a job/client that needs one operator (or device) to have access and control of say 4 monitor sends including channel processing but no FOH control, and no access to head amps. This can’t be done with either Editor, Mixpad, Onemix, or a surface yet it would be relatively easy to design a custom OSC layout that could work on almost any preferred platform including Android! TouchOSC would be one app that comes to mind that could provide custom touchscreen control.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

This is definately the way to go, rather than A&H releasing Android and Windows Phone apps, it would be great for them just to release an API or spec so that other 3rd parties could do this.

That way A&H can focus on core business instead of building a million applications to work with their mixers.

If someone wants an Android app, they could then build it themselves.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.