Ilive editor for Android and win phone

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Ilive editor for Android and win phone

This topic contains 19 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of millst millst 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Junwy
    Junwy
    Participant

Hi everybody,
    Any information regards of new ilive editor software support for win phone or android?

Profile photo of frozenwaffles
    frozenwaffles
    Participant

+1 for windows phone 8

Current stock:
    2x T112, 1x T80, 2x R72, 2x iDR-48, 3x iDR-16, 2x xDR-16
    4x Dante Cards, 3x ACE Cards

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

Yes, would be great. But if i understand it the right way – Microsoft said that it should not be a great deal to programm for different Windows 8 (RT or Phone) versions.
    So hope the best.

Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

My personal opinion is that adding more platforms would not offer much additional value. iPhones and iPads are cheap. If you want to mix on a device, buy one of those. The R&D costs (hundreds of thousands of dollarts) to port the mixpad to another platform, would not be worth the incremental gain in benefit.

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

That’s what an appleholic would say. There are more Android phones sold than Iphones. If there aren’t already more Android tabs sold than IPads, they will be sold more in a short time. Android tabs are available starting at 150$. Compared to that you dare to call an IPad “cheap”?

Also, porting the Windows editor to Windows RT to use on pads won’t do any good. I have a touchscreen display on my notebook, the regular Windiws editor isn’t very touchfriendly… My hopes are that there will be a new, touchfriendly (think about Windows 8 with metro!) editor supporting both GLD and iLive in the same software. I also hope it won’t be done again in java and it won’t be as sensitive to losing the WLAN connection anymore. It’s not a problem losing the connection, but the reconnect time is unbelievably high. Implent something that detects changes between mixrack and device and send only the changes at reconnect if necessary at all!

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Seriously, we’re talking about $10-30K systems, you think spending $500 on a basic iPad is too expensive? Even if it’s the only app you load on it it’s cheap. A $150 android tablet from some OEM in China with no build quality oversight is a developers worst nightmare – so many companies like A&H have concentrated on the iPad for no better reason than they know exactly what they’re building for. It might not be the best, or indeed the cheapest, but in 3 years they’ve only had to consider 2 hardware variations, and a couple of OS changes.
    I use Apple products purely for their compatibility – I bought an iPad just for MixPad, and while I’ve got lots of other stuff on there too, I’d have been happy with it purely for that job alone – its paid for itself a hundred times over as far as I’m concerned.

Adam Biggs
    T80 surface & iDR48
    MixPad for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Mac Mini Server w/Mountain Lion

with Belkin PlayMax N600 HD router
    Dante card tracking into Reaper with playback via FooBar (PC) or Presonus Capture/Studio One (Mac)

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Totally agree Adam (Biggsounds). I also bought the iPad JUST so I could run Mixpad! Actually have two of them now because we use two iLive systems. I also have iPod touchs but this is primarily so I can run wireless lighting software for rigging lights, for music playback and (jailbroken) to scan wireless environments so I can set the iLive router to the best channel available. For me everything else on these Apple devices is just convenient but not essential. How many other digital console manufactures have embraced Andriod etc – not many … If any! The reason is simple – Apple devices have controlled hardware design with a matched operating system that works reliably with that design. It’s the fixed hardware that is the key to the success of the iPad with control system developers.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of teknik99
    teknik99
    Participant

Personally I have never owned anything Apple and I dont intend to start now and I dont think I’m Robinson Crusoe in that respect.

If A & H find their way to writing an app for the the new WM8 platform and the MS Surface or Android its something I’ll look at otherwise its a heartache I can do without.

Cheers

Profile photo of cctrieloff
    cctrieloff
    Participant

+ 1 for apps on Android. More options on hardware, can unlock the OS, is Linux so far more networking setup options.

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Biggsounds

but in 3 years they’ve only had to consider 2 hardware variations, and a couple of OS changes.

So why is it that the app has problems with every new iPad and every new iOS version, like many many other apps too, while there is a buttload of Android apps from the Android v1.5 days still running on Android v4.1? If you do your homework on Android, one version of an app will run on most devices and on new Android versions.

Profile photo of DareDevil01
    DareDevil01
    Participant

I agree with the last comment!
    Well Behringer have said they’re releasing an Android app for their 32X
    I was highly skeptical about the X32because it’s made by Behringer but it’s had lot’s of good reviews on the quality so I might be switching.

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by DareDevil01

I agree with the last comment!
    Well Behringer have said they’re releasing an Android app for their 32X
    I was highly skeptical about the X32because it’s made by Behringer but it’s had lot’s of good reviews on the quality so I might be switching.

Wow. Just wow. I’m trying to fathom why someone would swap out a proven performer like the iLive system for anything Behringer (I’ve recently had my offsider work on one at an event & said its a headache to use & sounds about like you’d expect from Behringer) over an iPad app?!?
    Geez, just buy an iPad mini – it’s under $400 and is a proven performer, add an extra $20 to your AppStore bill & get the TCP/IP app that Stix has made some brilliant videos about & you’ve got everything you need for about $500… I’m shaking my head in disbelief that anyone would consider swapping out consoles over something so simple as not liking apple.

Adam Biggs
    T112 surface & iDR48
    T80 surface & iDR48
    MixPad for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Mac Mini Server w/Mountain Lion

with Belkin PlayMax N600 HD router
    Dante card tracking into Reaper with playback via FooBar (PC) or Presonus Capture/Studio One (Mac)

Find me on Facebook – http://www.fb.com/BiggsoundsProductions

Profile photo of papromike
    papromike
    Participant

it would be cool, BUT the problem with Windows and android devices is there are 100s of different screen sizes, processor speeds and resolutions. That is the barely any mfrs are supporting the devices.

with Apple devices, there are only a few. Its very hard to do Android because of this. If they would standardize their Processors and Screen sizes, it sure would be alot easier.

Think about it for a moment

With Apple, there are 3 sizes of iPAD, and only 2 sizes of iPhone

with Android.
    Samsung, Blackberry, HTC, Windows, LG, etc… so many different sizes.

Vice President of Sales
    Allen & Heath USA

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

So, as far i understand there is an option to put an minimun requirement to an app.
    So – why not put an minimum requirement in it:
    App is just running on Tablets with 1GB Ram, Android 4.X and minimum screen resolution of 1280×800 for example.

And i do not think the fragmentation of Android Devices could be so a big problem.

Whenever a new IOS Version comes out – along with an new IPad or IPhone – half the Apps are not working anymore.
    Did not have so much problems with my Android Phone (and this is my 4th Android Phone i have.
    And yes – i have an IPad for MixPad as well.

So – why leave the more than 50% of the Tablets behind? As i read now – Android Devices being more sold than IPads. (https://www.computerbase.de/news/2013-05/android-uebernimmt-fuehrung-im-tablet-bereich/)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hi,
    For the last several weeks I tried to reverse engineer the ACE network protocol in order to write an remote app for Android / WP8 but it’s way more complex than I originaly thought (especially cause I don’t have access to an iLive system)

Why can’t A&H just release a protocol documentation like https://www.behringer.com/assets/X32_OSC_Remote_Protocol_v1.01.pdf Behringer did?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.