GLD 80 Cases in the US

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions GLD 80 Cases in the US

This topic contains 18 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Joe Hinkens Joe Hinkens 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of clarocque
    clarocque
    Participant

Anyone have any good suggestions?

T112, iDR48, M-DANTE, PL10, MixPad, Editor
    MacBook Pro, Mac Mini
    Lion/Logic Pro/PT10
    All latest versions/firmware

Profile photo of BobWitte
    BobWitte
    Participant

We are at a standstill with a case manufacturer in our area. After several phone calls, multiple emails – NOTHING. So we are VERY interested in what others are finding!!!!! Thanks for starting the topic!

Bob

Profile photo of papromike
    papromike
    Participant

Guys we have cases in stock right now for GLD here at our warehouse in the states.

These are ATA flight cases with mini dog houses and AH logos on them, we are also in the works with SKB on doing a lightweight flight case.

Any case manufacturer can make a case for this if you have a favorite, we have full drawings available for them on the website.

The part number for the in stock case is the AH-FC-GLD80 they are available now.

Like us on Facebook at Allen & Heath USA, there are photos of the case on our facebook page.

Where are you guys located? We are at the WFX show this week so if you are in ATL, stop by

Vice President of Sales
    Allen & Heath USA

clarocque
    Participant

Thanks Mike,

For my T112 I used Safe Cases in Texas and they used your CAD drawings. It was really nice and only needed one minor foam strip added (about 1/2″) which they sent me.

They are in TX so I was checking to see what else is out there as it was freight to VT and a custom build.

MacBook Pro, Mac Mini
    Lion/Logic Pro/PT10

Profile photo of PDuff315
    PDuff315
    Participant

Sorry but all i see are cases for the iLive series. Are there pictures of a GLD case anywhere?

03/15/1966

clarocque
    Participant

This is the one I saw…

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=394072727321461&set=o.112696882086203&type=3

MacBook Pro, Mac Mini
    Lion/Logic Pro/PT10

Profile photo of PDuff315
    PDuff315
    Participant

This one is awesome!!! Where can we get it and how much???

quote:

Originally posted by clarocque

This is the one I saw…

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=394072727321461&set=o.112696882086203&type=3

MacBook Pro, Mac Mini
    Lion/Logic Pro/PT10

Paul Duffley
    ESP Sound Systems
    Boston

clarocque
    Participant

Should be able to get from A&H dealer. Mine got me a price. I think it was like $970 list.

MacBook Pro, Mac Mini
    Lion/Logic Pro/PT10

Profile photo of gspydell
    gspydell
    Participant

Allen&Heath has cases for the GLD-80. You can get them with or without a dog-house.

papromike
    Participant

Paul, Call Alan Redstone at Wavelengths Pro Audio in Leominster, MA

He’s pretty close and an overall great guy.

alan@waveproaudio.com

Vice President of Sales
    Allen & Heath USA

Profile photo of kmoor
    kmoor
    Participant

I’m disappointed with the A&H case. The case that was shown on the Facebook page is NOT the case that A&H are shipping. The case that I received has no nose cone, no 1U rack under the console, does not hold the board captive while the lid is off and is just on the tray, and has a paper thin plastic lining on the outside. I’m already seeing wood on the side of the case where the laminate has come off. If it got this damaged during transit from A&H to me while in a cardboard box and shrink wrap, it’s not going to last a single trip in my trailer without looking like one of my 20 year old Anvils.

I would not recommend this case and will be returning it and having a custom case built.

I’d appreciate a comment from someone at A&H.

GLD 80
    AR2412
    AR84

papromike
    Participant

Sorry you are not happy with the case. We do not manufacture the case for the GLD. It is built by Aemando Cases In California and this is the first time we have received any complaints about their cases. The case was designed to be a lightweight flight case with a mini doghouse. There are multiple cases companies which also can make custom cases. Some other case companies include
    Georgia case company, Jan Al. Keil cases, and many more. I will be more than happy to provide you with the. Cad drawings for the case companies. As we don’t make the case we only stock the Armando case and none of the others as most of these companies are small custom case manufacturers.

Sorry your not happy with the case, this case has been proved to be a good low cost flight case for the gLD. There are other cases out ther which are more heavy duty but also be prepared as some of these offerings are substantially more money.

Feel free to ema me directly. If you have any further questions.

Profile photo of avsdurac
    avsdurac
    Participant

Try AVS-Duracase.com-800-833-2912 in Atlanta. Their site is under construction but they have been around a long time and do great work. Here is a pic of a MacPro rig they did.

[img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Download Photo/File: CustomMacProRackII.jpg
    125.98 KB

Profile photo of BobWitte
    BobWitte
    Participant

This reminded me to let you know what we got:

https://www.indycase.com/

Indy Case Products Inc.
    1810 S. Lynhurst Dr. Suite L
    Indianapolis, Indiana 46241

317-677-0200
    888-891-9333 (toll free)
    317-677-0209 (fax)

We are very pleased with it. Great dog house, multiple handles (on the sides when sitting upright on casters), rugged.

Bob

GLD80, AR2412, 2xAR84, Dante, GLD Remote

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

My GLD80 case was custom made by C and D cases Clifton, NJ.

John Stefanick
    https://www.RentWirelessMicrophones.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.