ADAT out on MMO will not sync

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions ADAT out on MMO will not sync

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tk2k tk2k 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jonathho
    jonathho
    Participant

The church where I am currently FOH has the T112 and iDR-64 w/ MMO which has been used since install for Aviom. They would like for me to track a special music night coming in a couple weeks and so I naturally went after the ADAT outs – I have both Presonus and M-Audio firewire interfaces. Problem is that I can’t get the ADAT outs to sync up, best is some distorted audio w/ digital artifacts – that’s with either unit which both sync fine to my pre’s and another Yamaha mixer I own w/ ADAT. I have read on this forum that some of the earlier MMO’s had bad ADAT functionality and I believe this church has an early model based on the install date, but of course never tested it before. Any thoughts or ideas? Anything I’m overlooking? Latest firmware on the console/mixrack by the way. Thanks in advance.

Jonathan H. – FOH Engineer – Hickory Grove North Campus – Charlotte NC
    T112, iDR-64, MMO, MixPad

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

I don’t have an MMO but it’s not a sample rate issue is it?

quote:

Originally posted by jonathho

The church where I am currently FOH has the T112 and iDR-64 w/ MMO which has been used since install for Aviom. They would like for me to track a special music night coming in a couple weeks and so I naturally went after the ADAT outs – I have both Presonus and M-Audio firewire interfaces. Problem is that I can’t get the ADAT outs to sync up, best is some distorted audio w/ digital artifacts – that’s with either unit which both sync fine to my pre’s and another Yamaha mixer I own w/ ADAT. I have read on this forum that some of the earlier MMO’s had bad ADAT functionality and I believe this church has an early model based on the install date, but of course never tested it before. Any thoughts or ideas? Anything I’m overlooking? Latest firmware on the console/mixrack by the way. Thanks in advance.

Jonathan H. – FOH Engineer – Hickory Grove North Campus – Charlotte NC
    T112, iDR-64, MMO, MixPad

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

you might have a problem with sync your word clock

iLive should be master of the system, because the system has no sync input.
    Clock is transmitted over ADAT as well.

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

Profile photo of Leon BigEars A&H
    Leon BigEars A&H

If sync master isn’t the problem, it might be worth you taking a close up photo of the ADAT connectors on your MMO card and send the photo into support at American Music and Sound (US A&H distributor) or via your rep.
    There was a batch of ADAT optical devices that had changed spec by the manufacturer and caused glitches etc.

please do not adjust your set; normal service will be resumed as soon as possible!

Profile photo of jonathho
    jonathho
    Participant

I have a call into AMS support now – I’m thinking a swap of the card is in order w/ defective ADAT ports as you say and per an older post. Definitely not sync master, sample rate, etc.

quote:

Originally posted by Leon BigEars

If sync master isn’t the problem, it might be worth you taking a close up photo of the ADAT connectors on your MMO card and send the photo into support at American Music and Sound (US A&H distributor) or via your rep.
    There was a batch of ADAT optical devices that had changed spec by the manufacturer and caused glitches etc.

please do not adjust your set; normal service will be resumed as soon as possible!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.