Xone K2 Midi controller

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Xone K2 Midi controller

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sraymond sraymond 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of timtrace
    timtrace
    Participant

https://iliveblog.allen-heath.com/?p=163 <—check it out!

Myself a gent who doesn’t own a surface, a setup like the one in the linked blog would give me hardware faders for delay returns, etc.

When I fired up the 1.83 Editor and started right-clicking everything in sight, it seemed that not everything has “MIDI learn” capability. For example….and most important to me …. tap time on a delay. Did I do something wrong, or is tap tempo not available over MIDI?

Thanks.

Profile photo of scruffyd
    scruffyd
    Participant

Hey timtrace

Unforunately, tap tempo and a host of other useful functions have not yet been made available via midi in editor.
    Hoping that imminent new firmware will be holding hands with a new editor with enhanced midi functionality.

IDR32
    Dante card
    Macbook pro 17
    Ipad2 + mixpad
    Aiport express

Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

Tim,

Didn’t you wire up a PL-10 for some control functions like tap tempo? Or do you just need more controls?

Scott

iDR 32
    iDR D-Out
    MMO
    Lenova T61, M90, iPad2

Profile photo of timtrace
    timtrace
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by sraymond
    Didn’t you wire up a PL-10 for some control functions like tap tempo? Or do you just need more controls?

Hi, Scott — it was a PL-8 with a custom footswitch, for doing tap tempo and FX return mutes while running sound from stage.

Of late I’ve been providing services to a buddy’s band, in which I run sound from a traditional FOH position. In that situation it would be great to have a fader to ride delay returns, a button for tap tempo, etc.

Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

Gotcha, mixed up my PL’s. I’m interested to see how the tap tempo works on the iPad when ver 1.9 comes out.

quote:

Originally posted by timtrace

quote:

Originally posted by sraymond

Hi, Scott — it was a PL-8 with a custom footswitch, for doing tap tempo and FX return mutes while running sound from stage.

Of late I’ve been providing services to a buddy’s band, in which I run sound from a traditional FOH position. In that situation it would be great to have a fader to ride delay returns, a button for tap tempo, etc.

Scott

iDR 32
    iDR D-Out
    MMO
    Lenova T61, M90, iPad2

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.