v1.9 previews on plasa …

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions v1.9 previews on plasa …

This topic contains 74 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stix Stix 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

Release is planned for October as i have heard.
    And dear Peters. Its YOUR opinion that scene management is the most necessery point to be improved.
    I use scenes also and its ok for me so far.
    Looking forward to the dynamic eq and an pitcher… (hopefully it makes it into final)

Profile photo of Gijsbert
    Gijsbert
    Participant

I just programmed a 158 scene theater show today followed by a try out show. I love it! No problems with the scene management so far…. But i would love a multiband compressor and insertable eq’s. Too bad my tour starts tommorow, i never update during tours. Everything looks great on the liveblog, i can’ t wait

Profile photo of PeterM
    PeterM
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Gijsbert

I just programmed a 158 scene theater show today followed by a try out show. I love it! No problems with the scene management so far…. But i would love a multiband compressor and insertable eq’s. Too bad my tour starts tommorow, i never update during tours. Everything looks great on the liveblog, i can’ t wait

I didn’t say that the scene management didn’t work, I said it needed to be tidied up a little – the perception in the market place is that others desks/manufacturers have better scene management. I think it works, but the default settings and what you need to do to get it work quickly can be clumsy.

I know a lot of people that don’t like the iLive, but love the GLD. They are almost identical to use; it’s just that little bit of extra refinement that makes all the difference – its appearance, feel, and the user interface is just a little better.

I think the situation with the scene management is similar, it just needs to be a little better.

Peter

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by kentlowt

I am humbled by A&H’s mention of us in the credits. A display of how much they value their customers opinions. Thank you!

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Haha! I had an email from my rep this morning with the topic ‘too much time on your hands’, and a screen shot from PLASA of the new software with the top forum contributors on it (based purely on the number of posts mind you)… embarrassingly I was at #3!!! I think that was from way back when I bought the iLive & was constantly on here trying to work it all out!
    Mumu, you’re holding pride of place ;) (as well you should, love your work mate!).

Adam Biggs
    T80 surface & iDR48
    MixPad for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    with Belkin PlayMax N600 HD router
    Dante card tracking into Reaper with playback via FooBar

Profile photo of dnxmirrorsounds
    dnxmirrorsounds
    Participant

Hi Gijsbert,

Its good to hear that you can use the iLive scenes so successfully. Would you be willing to share your workflow so that at least I can follow in your footsteps and happily create scenes.
    How do you set things up?

I have played with things myself but generally find I should have done something about 5 steps earlier and now its a real hassle to change things.

Yours hopefully,

Duncan

Duncan Whitcombe
    @Dnxmirrorsounds
    Mirror Sounds & metrochurch
    Perth, Australia
    T112, iDR48x2
    http://www.mirrorsounds.com.au
    http://www.metrochurch.org.au

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

hey bigsounds
    thanks for the flowers…i was hoping to get a award for this – lifetime free coffe or so… looking really forward to the update!!!

b.t.w. i have focusrites rednet pci card here for testing –
    https://global.focusrite.com/ethernet-audio-interfaces/rednet-pcie-card

although the driver`s not here yet haha i think they send just to proof it is existing , i asked for the driver and they send me a monster contract to sign therfore i would not publish it.
    i bet the dante students are busy surfing (like a good aussie should)instead of finishing the driver. anyway i wrote back: if you dont trust me i`ll wait till the driver is officialy released.

hopefully next week – i`ll make a report with video to show how good it is – looks promising, they are talking about 3ms latencie.
    i am intersted in using vsti`s with it – effects not really as the build in ones, and now the update, are good enough.

thanks again – love my ilive

cheers
    dave

allways latest firm and software
    iLive-144/t-80/idr-10 /idr-48/dante/pl-6/eyepad 1/belkin router/

Gijsbert
    Participant

Duncan, and everyone else who is interested….

Maybe i should open a new topic called: scene programming or something like that. But currently i’m a bit too busy doing shows. I will open the topic with my workflow and everybody else can join in and leave comments.

I have to admit the scene management is not perfect but it beats yamaha by far, but only if you understand it. I will start the topic soon!

Gijsbert
    Participant

Or i can make a video and send it to A&H if they are interested?

Profile photo of Detonator
    Detonator
    Participant

Yes.

TIA

Tim Tyler
    Detonator Sound
    Richmond, Va USA
    T112/48 R72/32 laptop iPad Dir-815 Dante

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Scene management has been discussed here before:

https://iliveforum.allen-heath.com/post.asp?method=TopicQuote&TOPIC_ID=1845&FORUM_ID=2

https://iliveforum.allen-heath.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1845&SearchTerms=Scene,management

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of dnxmirrorsounds
    dnxmirrorsounds
    Participant

Back to the original topic of this thread, the new v1.9 stuff looks great. We have Width on Stereo channels – Yay.

I wasn’t so worried about the multiband compression but having been recently frustrated by the pronounced mid range projection of our senior pastor, I am looking forward to this too.

Did I see different _types_ of GEQ ? That sounds really exciting.

Thank you for giving us new toys to play with :)

on the tangent I seem to have caused, thanks so much for the scene management links and suggestions, I look forward to working this through in our situation.

Dnx

Duncan Whitcombe
    @Dnxmirrorsounds
    Mirror Sounds & metrochurch
    Perth, Australia
    T112, iDR48x2
    http://www.mirrorsounds.com.au
    http://www.metrochurch.org.au

Profile photo of Rexeltw
    Rexeltw
    Participant

The only thing I don’t like about v1.9 is that I’m going to have to change the DSP as the modular brain racks are not fast enough to run it! Roll on iLive 2….

Just remember kids no matter how good your mixing is you can’t polish a turd…

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Rexeltw

…I’m going to have to change the DSP as the modular brain racks are not fast enough to run it! ….

Hey, look at it from the bright side: you’ll end up with a new faster mixer!
    I’m really looking forward to the release of 1.9. If it’s the same quality shift that we experienced with the new mixpad app, then I’ll be even more happy!
    Hoping that we also get that improved scene management though :-)

Wouter
    IDR32, R72, Dante, Mixpad
    laptop, TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Profile photo of PeterM
    PeterM
    Participant

quote:

The only thing I don’t like about v1.9 is that I’m going to have to change the DSP as the modular brain racks are not fast enough to run it! Roll on iLive 2….

Just remember kids no matter how good your mixing is you can’t polish a turd…

WHAT THE F#*K…. youre joking … 1.9 won’t work with a “real” iLive and IDR 10 rack ?

Peter

Profile photo of mdsaudio
    mdsaudio
    Participant

quote:

You can’t be serious???

Those of us who spent the extra money on iLive modular, now have to spend more to get firmware that T series can directly install?
    Is this info from A&H and confirmed?

I will be far from impressed if this is the case.

Darren

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 75 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.