ICE16

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jens-Droessler Jens-Droessler 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rui-Miguel
    Rui-Miguel
    Participant

Hi guys,

So I saw yesterday the new product from A&H, the ICE16, which records multi-track (16) on a USB stick or Hard Drive.
    It works with direct outs, but…why not an ACE connection???

If they are developing this kind of products, and we have equipment like the Black Box recorder from JoeCO, but that uses a DANTE card.
    Why can’t we have a recorder that receives directly from ACE?

I would buy it!

Surface: T112 / T80
    Rack: iDR48 / iDR16
    PC: Editor 1.83
    iPad2: MixPad

Profile photo of Geddy
    Geddy
    Participant

It’s not that easy, placing a product which fits most demands, and impossible to develop a product ( at a reasonable price) fitting all demands…

I think A&H has placed the ICE16 very well covering small and just quickly recordings from all mixing system delivering direct outs. ACE is only used by iLive, GLM runs a different protocol. You can use ICE16 with 3rd party mixers etc, etc.

JoeCo’s BlackBox-Recorder connect’s to Dante (64chans at a time) as well as MADI and analogue via direct outs. I don’t think A&H wants to compete with JoeCo in this small market segment.

Long Term I expect that ACE will be replaced by a protocol being compatible with DANTE, and next step will be AVB (AudioVideoBridging). As of today DAnte looks like becoming more and more market standard as Yamaha has implemented it with the new CL-Series. AVID has just implemented a AVB protocol connecting their Venue SC48 stage box.

To make a long story short, future developments in audio and video networking/connectivity will be very exciting and challenging.

Looking forward to it…

Cheers Gunter

Günter Eisbach
    dL-Recording
    Darmstadt / Germany

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

A Dante ICE combination would be a killer…
    Mostly 16 channels are a good start.

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

Well, the ICE16 only makes sense with at least an iDR48 when used with iLive, since we’d need to use 16 analog outputs for the ICE16 and of course still need some more to do what we are paid for. And we need to place it on stage with the iDR, since we don’t have 16 outputs on the surface. This makes operating the ICE16 pretty hard. This makes the product pretty ununseable for me. It would have been pretty cool, if this thing would have had ACE, Dante or just an ethernet port to remotely control, maybe even from the iLive surface directly with the next FW upgrade. MP3 playback along this would have been nice too, so we would have had a pretty good replacement for the GLDs recorder with even bigger functionality. Maybe you guys at A&H will develop an iLive specific multitrack recorder, that would be great.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.