troubles with Dante

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions troubles with Dante

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dector dector 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dector
    dector
    Participant

I am new to the iLive stuff. I bought a T122/iDR32 for front of house, and a DLG-80 for a monitor mixer. I installed a Dante card in the iDR and the DLG. The theory is the iDR32 will send the digital tracks to the DLG and then the DLG will do a monitor mix.
    The problem is that I can set this all up and make it work, then after a reboot of the systems it just won’t work. I can set it all up just the same as before and it still won’t work. Reboot everything again and it will work. It seems random. Any ideas??? Random just don’t work for me.
    Firmware has been updated to the latest in the DLG, iLive has the latest as well.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

How is your network configured?

iDr48/T-112/MADI

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

If it’s really random then I would contact support… they will probably need the event logs of both systems.

You can already check:
    that the cards are fitted well (fysically),
    that the system shows that they are present
    that no errors are shown.
    that the routing (direct out to dante routing, on the GDL input source is dante) remains correct…

Ah also check the clock master settings. Dante in iLive should slave to the iLive mixer. The GLD has to have Dante as the master clock and slave to that. Also check that master settings on the Dante network are correct using Dante Controller. Dante in the iLive should be preferred master.

Definitely make a “patchbay only” scene on both systems for this setup.

just my 2 cent

Wouter
    IDR32, R72, Dante, Mixpad
    laptop, TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Profile photo of dector
    dector
    Participant

The network is simple. Cat 5e from the Dante in the iDR to the Dante in the DLG. This is all set up in my work area for testing so the Cat 5 cable runs are short, 6′. I have replaced cables, set the clocks so the Dante in the iDR is the master and all others are slaves. I have made a patchbay only scene on both mixers when the system was working as it should. No luck

The one thing that I find strange is the DLG doesn’t show the Dante like the iLive does. In the IO section of the software there is just the IO port menu. That IO port is the section that I set up to recieve.

Can anyone confirm that when there is a Dante card inserted in a DLG that Dante will appear in the DLG menu? Or not.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Have you assigned IP addresses manually such that there is never a conflict or are you letting the DHCP timeout to a fallback address?

Are you keeping your ACE network separate from your audio network? I’m assuming yes if you are connecting the Dante cards with a crossover cable. Do you have the Dante and ACE assigned to different subnets?

I’m not familiar with the GLD.

iDr48/T-112/MADI

Profile photo of dector
    dector
    Participant

Found the problem. One of the Dante card has a cold solder joint. The primary link didn’t always make contact at all times. When that happened then the slave became the master clock and I would end up with 2 masters. At that point the only way to get the network working again was to reboot the faulty Dante card through the Dante controller software.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.